We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

united kingdom
Level Contributor
56 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

Myself and my partner are planning to get married next year in Pissouri village. Just wondering if anyone has any tips/local knowledge about where to start? Any good contacts etc..?

Thank you

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

Hi ,if you look at the post by netty-lee.getting married in Paphos Testimonial to Mandy.and send them a private message.I am sure they would pass Mandys details on to you.Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,085 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

The post barkinmad is referring to is at the bottom of this page. Not sure if Mandy covers Pissouri as well as Paphos. I think the company is called Cyprus Weddings in Paphos she refers to it as CWP.

Edited: 15 May 2010, 22:18
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,005 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

Here is a link to the post

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k362…

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

If you are planning to get married in Pissouri the problem is that Pissouri do not have a Marriage Registra you would either have to contact Paphos or Limassol to conduct the ceremony, that is if you only require a Civil wedding.

Kev

Edited: 16 May 2010, 12:42
Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

As Kev said there is no town hall in Pissouri but one of the Limassol municipalities (Germasoyia) will conduct civil weddings in the hotels there although there would be an extra charge for the call out.

If you are thinking about a church wedding the Columbia Beach Resort in Pissouri have a beautiful wedding chapel; if you want an Anglican wedding you do not need to have a civil ceremony beforehand but you will still need to go to the town hall a few days prior for the paperwork and this would have to be done in Limassol.

If you would like some more information on this, send me a PM and i can find you some details

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

As BookCyprus has correctly stated about the Anglican service at Columbia Beach Resort also if it is a Catholic service you require you will need to have a Civil wedding before the catholic service.

Kev

united kingdom
Level Contributor
56 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

Thank you to everyone for your comments :-)

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

Columbia Beach Hotel inthe bay would be a most romantic location - fireworks at evening reception.

Contact Petros Foutas on Pissouri 25222292-25221388

Petros is an official of the Pissouri Council, his parents own the best taverna in the village - The Pissouri Square Tavern.

Good luck and best wishes

Edited: 25 May 2010, 22:36
gargrave
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

You can get married at the The Columbia Spa resort in Pissouri. They have a most beautiful chapel in the grounds and you can have an Anglican service with English vicar. You can also have a civil wedding there which takes place outside the chapel on the grass/beach in the magnificent grounds to the hotel. The hotel do a wedding package and you can arrange everything through the hotel. Flowers, food, hairdressing ( a top English hairdresser works there) and make-up is all part of the wedding experience. Contact the hotel on 0035725833333. They will send you details and prices by email if you request this.

10. Re: Help planning a wedding in Pissouri Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pissouri
Recent Conversations