We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from Paphos airport

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
travelling from Paphos airport

Hello

I choose not to drive. Can anyone tell me about getting from the airport to Pissouri.

Thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

Your only option is a taxi.

Trisha

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

Trish is right, public transport though much improved of late is not wonderful in rural areas. However depending on the time you arrive you might be able to book a shared taxi and this will be much cheaper. You can find out more by e-mailing taxi@travelexpress.com.cy or calling their Paphos office on 00 357 26 923 800, these taxis run every day from 06:00 to 18:00 and you pay a fixed rate per passenger

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

Hi,travel express are not allowed to collect from the airport, but they can take you back there,I am not sure if they go to Pissouri,they are mainly town to town and don,t go to alot of rural areas.Julie

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

I used Travel Express from Paphos town centre to Larnaca airport and when I asked about the return trip they explained that they could not pick up at airports. In the event I used the public bus which was excellent. I don't think they service Paphos airport at all.

You'll get a better price by pre-arranging a taxi rather than using the ones waiting at the airport.

Trisha

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

Hi, again travel express will take you back to paphos airport, I use them returning from Limassol.but they are not allowed to pick up from the airport because of complaints from airport taxi drivers.Julie

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

Many thanks to all those who gave me this information. I guess I will just have to shout is anyone going to Pissouri and maybe get a share!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

Hi, again try this site

resorttaxis.com

They are shared taxis or mini buses.I booked a return transfer from Paphos to limassol, last night for 30 pounds each sterling,I did see Pissouri on the list.I would have mentioned the site before but I only found it myself last night.Julie

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

Thanks for this info. I tried to book to Pissouri but they said there are no taxis ( In spite of it being on the list!).

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

I don't know if you 'choose' not to drive because you can't drive or you can and have simply chosen not to.

If you can drive then a hire car as an option is much cheaper for a week than trips to and from the aiport will be by cab. Driving is a dream in Cyprus compared to London and it is on the same side of the road as the UK

However if you can't drive then a cab is your only option and you will find that Pissouri is fairly isolated if you plan to get out and about - even a trip to the supermarket will need a cab.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelling from Paphos airport

Hiring a car is great as you have the option to visit all the other great places to see in Cyprus while you are there. And driving is on the left (an advantage for British visitors).

When visiting in 2010 I booked a transfer (from Pissouri to Paphos airport) for my parents with www.holidaytaxis.com. I assume they would be able to do the other direction as well (unless anyone knows different).

Edited: 02 February 2011, 19:07
Get answers to your questions about Pissouri
Recent Conversations