We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hylatio

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hylatio

Frist time to Cyprus just booked a late deal to hylatio tourist village we have gone half board what's the food like there ,thanks

England, United...
Level Contributor
904 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hylatio

We've been there twice. It's a nice little complex with a lovely pool. The owner is a bit of character.

The food is OK. Nothing more.

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hylatio

Thanks for your reply

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hylatio

Hi, I second the above comment,For drinks in the evening visit the Pissouri Bay Cafe-Bar it is nice with good prices. I would also recommend the Cyprus night in the top village on a Wednesday evening.Julie

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hylatio

Thanks for your reply do we need to book for the Cyprus night

England, United...
Level Contributor
904 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hylatio

No, just wander up to the village square and find a restaurant or bar that takes your fancy.

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hylatio

How long does it take to walk to village

England, United...
Level Contributor
904 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hylatio

That depends on how fit you are!

It's two and a half miles and uphill all the way. As a compensation, it is downhill all the way back

Passing cars will often stop and give you a lift though. It has happened to us and other posters on here have had lifts too.

Edited: 01 June 2013, 14:24
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: hylatio

Can you get a taxi there and back

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hylatio

Yes you can get a cab the cost is 10 euro each way, if you wish to have a meal on the night go early two good places I love are Bunch of grapes and the hideaway. but they are not in the main square.

In high season there is a bus to the village around 9.am last one back 12.noon as hoggyn has said locals take pity on people trying to walk up-back we have had lifts one from the girl in Hylatio shop. however I would say get a cab back late at night you are safe but I would not attempt to walk back down the hill after I have had a few, it sure is steep.Julie

England, United...
Level Contributor
904 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hylatio

Yes, but be warned, taxis are inordinately expensive in Cyprus.

If you look here you will see all the recent(ish) threads on the Hylatio and Pissouri in general...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g616081-i11276-P…

Get answers to your questions about Pissouri
Recent Conversations