We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Figeac to Paris

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Figeac to Paris

Ill be in Figeac for two weeks on business on the 5th of June, and I would really like to go to Paris the one weekend I have available.

Ill have a rental car, but I am not crazy about the idea of driving in Paris.

Im thinking about driving to the nearest small town outside Paris and then taking the train into Paris.

Really all I want to do is take a tour on one of the hop on, hop off buses, and then come back the next day. Thats pretty much all I have time for.

Any suggestions on the closest town, or maybe a suggestion on an easy place to get into Paris that would be close to one of those bus pickups?

Thanks

1 reply
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,694 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Figeac to Paris

Why not go by train from Figeac?

It's a six hour trip to Paris, probably more by car. If you can finish early on the Friday, the 1329 train from Figeac can get you to Paris Montparnasse station at 1907. That gives you all Saturday in the city and you could come back on the Sunday. Of if you can't finish early, get the first train on Saturday morning at 0736, stay Saturday and come back Sunday evening.

Sorry I don't know options by driving to Paris outskirts.

If you choose the train option, you need a reservation and it's not expensive if you book in advance. Use www.voyages-sncf.com or www.loco2.com or www.trainline.eu all of whom issue official SNCF (French railways) tickets with the reservations included.

Edited: 30 May 2017, 16:33
Reply to: Figeac to Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Figeac