We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much spending money for a week ?

london
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
how much spending money for a week ?

It is our daughters first girls holiday and they are really excited but don't know how much to take out with them

Is it expensive out there ? are three happy hours to be had ?

if they were to do the following how many euros do you think they would need each day

breakfast, they are going to get a few bits and eat in

lunch, I would imagine something like a Greek salad or giros with chips

tea. tea in a restaurant but Greek style.

they are real water drinkers in the day but then after evening meal will obviously be out on the tiles and end up in a club. do you have to pay to get into clubs

if you can think of anywhere they should go or anything they should do whilst there please let us know that also

just a rough idea would be good

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much spending money for a week ?

Hi Althea

I havent been to Malia, but for greece in general, it is not expensive.

Water - 1.5L x 6 bottles will cost 1.5-2 euro in supermarket.

For breakfast, in the supermakets they can get a roll, crossaint or fruit (which is much tastier than the fruit at home (must be the sun!)

Greek Salad in a poolside bar (or snack bar in hotel) will cost about 3 euro or you can buy them in a supermarket. Fruit salad packs in a supermarket is about 1.5-2 euro.

Yes - guaranteed there will be some bars with happy hours - usually 2 for 1.

A local beer is 2 euro, cocktails between 3-5 euros depending on the bar.

Eating out:

A starter is 2.5-3 euro.

Main course 8

Dessert 3-4 euro.

You dont see many people drinking Tea in greece - the greeks themselves tend to drink coffee - usually iced coffee. Most of the T in greece is lipton or Earl grey from what I have seen, hence we usually bring tea bags with us.

Its very easy to eat well in greece for little money. I would think most of their money will be spent on drink!!

As I said, I have not been to Malia, but the prices above or what I have usually paid and I cannot imagine Malia would be much different.

They will have a great time.

london
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how much spending money for a week ?

thank you for your reply

Liverpool, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much spending money for a week ?

hi,

just got back from a week in malia and what they plan to do sounds very similar to what me and my mates did. i took €450 and came home with €50, so if she can take about that then she should be fine.

its not too expensive, your looking at about €2 for 6 x 1.5 litre bottles water in the supermarkets, €10-15 for evening meal in restaurant- some nice little greek ones in the old town. very few places charge to get in clubs, just 1 or 2 and we avoided them! cocktails usually 2 or 3 for €5 all night with a shot.

a visit to water city is something not to be missed- a great day out at the water park! and also, the main beach in malia charges €5 a day for sunbeds, which is unavoidable really as there is very little space where there aren't any sunbeds, but was definitely worth it. we managed to get 4 days for €10, so try and get a good offer with them!

hope that helped a bit.

4. Re: how much spending money for a week ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 21:21
Get answers to your questions about Malia