We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

manchester
Level Contributor
113 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

Hi all we are due to go to malia next Tuesday 15th first time we are staying at arkadi studios malia can you please tell us how far away walking to stilis beach thank you jinny

Scotland
Level Contributor
214 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

guides say arkadi studios is on bar street in malia so to far to walk to Stalis beach

Malia has its own beach which is pretty good and a lot closer

Mentioned in this post
Stalis
Stalis
Crete, Greece
manchester
Level Contributor
113 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

Thank you for ur reply we have never been before and our friends told us about stillis we are both in our late 40s so they think we should of booked somewhere quiter lol hope it's not too loud any information would be great if you or anyone can advise us on anything we would like to just chill out and maybe do some nice relaxing boat trips thank you jinny

Scotland
Level Contributor
214 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

I have never visited malia at night but its reputation for being a 18-30 hotspot seems to be well earned.

been many times to malia during the day and before 12-1 it is a bit of a ghost town as the youngsters are still in bed and it slowly starts to get busy as the afternoon wears on with bars and cafes cheap and cheerful(quality seems to suffer the cheaper it gets) and plentiful.

The beach is lovely in malia but as opposed to Stalis its full of teens not families.

don’t want to worry you about the resort but for someone in your age group I would certainly try to switch hotel to Stalis as it is geared towards family and couples and is a lot more laid back than maila.

If you choose to stay in malia there are several ways to travel to Stalis a great bus service and the happy train and as a last resort plenty taxis

Mentioned in this post
Stalis
Stalis
Crete, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

I've visited Malia a couple of times in the past 2 years. It doesn't get going till about midnight, so if you don't plan very late nights you won't see the excesses that everyone talks about. But more of a problem may be your fellow guests, who may be noisy, coming in at all hours etc.

I'd say that Stalis (east) beach is within walking distance, along the sea road. If you're walking down Bar St. (Dimokratios), turn left just after McDonalds on to Grammatikaki st. There are loads of beaches along there:

http://tinyurl.com/kgwh49g

For nights in Malia, don't forget old Malia town, on the land side of the main road - a maze of streets, lots of decent places to eat and drink, and totally different to Bar St. Zoom out on the map above and you'll see it.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 12:24
Mentioned in this post
Stalis
Stalis
Crete, Greece
Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
5,272 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

Good advice steve (as usual!) We go back to Malia 22/7 for 2 wks & got great cheap deal with Olympic so couldn't refuse it. We'll be nowhere near bar st area after 11pm as it will then get busier. Instead we'll spend a lot of time in Old Malia which has fab restaurants & bars-good enough for us at our age! Surely I'll have had enough Mythos by midnight? The walk to Stalis from Malia is scenic & not too far. We've walked from Malia to Sissi & further than Hersonissos & really enjoyed but the bus would be easier. Each to their own but as said bar st after 11pm is a no no for us. Plan to have a few nights in Stalis in the Irish bars & Stalis prob wont be too busy unlike Malia.

Mentioned in this post
Stalis
Stalis
Crete, Greece
Hersonissos
Hersonissos
Crete, Greece
Scotland
Level Contributor
214 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

Steve while I agree with your comment that Stalis is within walking distance I would say that under a 40 degree sun it is debatable wether it is worth it carrying towels and any other luggage you may have with you.

Having done the walk the other way from Stalis to Malia under the heat of the midday sun it is not something I ever repeated sticking instead to either the happy train or hire car.

Mentioned in this post
Stalis
Stalis
Crete, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

Fair enough, I agree that a long walk in hot sun isn't everyone's idea of a good time, but there are other beaches on the way as well - which is why I posted the link to Google maps.

8. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 December 2017, 20:45
Edited: 03 December 2017, 20:45
manchester
Level Contributor
113 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

Thank you all so much I'll take on board all the good advice yous have given me I'm used to the hot weather has I've been all over the place so many times I've just come back from Spain Los boliches 3weeks ago and the weather was that there I only bought this holiday has it was on gumtree and the people that bought it couldn't go it was only 100 pound and 150 to change names so 250 can't complain cheap has chips I'm just there to chill out and beach and meals out has I don't drink fancy going to a place that's has loud has malia but I didn't know at the time I'll be in bed by 12 o'clock better get ear plugs thank you all once again for all your help let you all know how I get on when I get back and I'll get to stillis has much has possible many thanks jinny

yorky 73
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How far from arkadi studios malia to stills beach

Hinpj60.

Re. taxi fare malia to stalis,7-8 Euros, which i presume would be the same cost going the other way,would you have any idea the price say from the center of stalis to Sissi? cheers.

Terry.

Get answers to your questions about Malia
Recent Conversations