We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

Which Piano di Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

Hi, I'm thinking of booking this hotel for our honeymoon next May. I like the idea of it being adults only and all inclusive is a bonus! However, can anyone tell me if there is anywhere to walk to near by in the evenings? I know it's 7km from Sorrento and some people have said it's isolated. What are the courtous buses like to get to sorrento?

Also, are the rooms big or small, would you recommend an upgrade?

Any information about this place would be great before I decide!

Thanks!

Bridgend,Mid Glam
Level Contributor
83 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

Hi, You could walk to the nearest village but not much there - the roads do not have any pavements so you need to be very careful. The hotel coutersy bus is a must and takes you to Sorrento - the bus runs often and to time. To guarantee your preferred time its best to book the day before. The taxis are very very expensive. My experience was that the upgrade 'let me down' (no hot water) so I had my money refunded and ended up in a standard garden (no view) room. I was there early May and my understanding is things are getting better - I think they were running behind schedule, rooms and finishing touches etc were not finished. The big plus is this hotel is AI as Sorrento is expensive - lunch in Sorrento was 40 euro for 2 salads and 2 beers. I spoke to other guests who walked into Sorrento - they enjoyed the walk but it took them between 1.5 - 2 hours! I dont know how old/young you are - but when I was there most guests were 30-60 years. The hotel is peaceful with wonderful views.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

Thanks for the info! I was just looking again as am hoping to go and book next week, and just wondered are the meals buffet service or waiter? (The evening meal I mainly wanted to know!)

Thank you!

Bridgend,Mid Glam
Level Contributor
83 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

Hi,

Breakfast : Buffet

Lunch: Buffet

Dinner: Buffet table to help yourself to salads, pasta and vegetables. Table d'hote menu was waiter service and Themed evenings were waiter service.

I have read some of the reviews since my return and that the hotel is getting good reviews including food menu on offer. Desserts were always help yourself from a wide selection :-) Enjoy!

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

We are just back,go for it plenty to do plenty to walk to, but if your on your honeymoon will you be out your room!!!! Great hotel food and staff 1st class.

wWe have rebooked and go back next week 23/9/11

Edited: 16 September 2011, 15:51
Bridgend,Mid Glam
Level Contributor
83 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

Hi,

To be honest there is not much outside the hotel, the hotel courtesy bus is well run. Cant remember the last bus from Sorrento back to hotel but I think its about 11pm (I was there May 2011 and it may have changed. Rooms, my personal experience would be to suggest not upgrading - as when I was there my superior room had no hot water and I moved to a standard room. I would check latest t/a reviews about the rooms. This hotel has wonderful views, its away from the bustle of busy Sorrento, it has good views and branded all inclusive drinks together with good food. The reviews on t/a are good and improving since it changed to a couples hotel. Tip: remember that taxis are expensive Single fare - hotel to Sorrento 40-50 euros!

Manchester
Level Contributor
61 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

No point in walking at night - as others have said get the courtsey bus in - book it at reception on the day and mooch round Sorrento - dont miss the return pick up though it could be expensive then ! Hotel absolutly outstanding - service exceptional and friendly. Food fantastic - order anti-pasta and main course from very good daily menu and then go up for huge variety of starters and if you have any rooom for deserts too ! Wine is by the bottle (average but drinkable) and virtually all spirits / cocktails are branded so is super value for money. Themed nights great fun but not tacky and overall a really sumptious holiday. Seriuosly temped to rebook but other places to visit next year but will return in 2013. Book with confidence - you wont regret it !. Check out the reviews on TA - they tell you how it is !

7. Re: Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro -isolated?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2012, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Piano di Sorrento