We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nastro Azzurro tea/coffee making facilities

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Nastro Azzurro tea/coffee making facilities

Wonder if anyone can tell me if they have tea/coffee making facilties in the rooms and if there is a good hairdryer and iron available. I have emailed the hotel but haven't had a reply and we travel on Monday for 11 nights with friends, can't wait now.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nastro Azzurro tea/coffee making facilities

I can't be bothered to read through TA reviews, but a brief google search gives: www.ebookers.be/shop/hotelsearch…

("Guest Rooms: The rooms are quite bright, have air conditioning, direct dial phone, Sat TV news channels, mini-bar, safe, HAIR-DRYER"

I would guess they don't have tea and coffee making facilities (unusual in Italy, where the concept of instant coffee is in any case anathema) as the amenities mentioned on TA include room service (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g616172-d284118-Reviews-Grand_Hotel_Nastro_Azzurro_Occhio_Marino_Resort-Piano_di_Sorrento_Province_of_Naples_Ca.html and click on "amenities" under the name of the hotel) and it looks like the sort of place that has laundry service rather than encouraging do-it-yourself ironong.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nastro Azzurro tea/coffee making facilities

Also, in Italy, most hotels do not have irons as there is concern (and there may even be a regulation in some places from what I have been told) re: it being a fire hazard.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nastro Azzurro tea/coffee making facilities

Hi, In answer to your question , I believe all rooms have a hairdryer. We were there last year and I think it was fine. In addition all rooms have a kettle plus sachets for tea and coffee which are replenished . In fact I think rooms in the annex have a coffee machine . From memory, I dont believe there is an iron in the room but the hotel has, I think , got an ironing room which we didnt use so cant comment .

Were going back to the hotel at the end of May with friends and family as we absolutly loved it as Im sure you will. Enjoy, Cheers Tel

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nastro Azzurro tea/coffee making facilities

Thanks for the replies. At least it looks as if there is a kettle and hairdryer in the room so I won't bother taking mine but will take my travel iron.

5. Re: Nastro Azzurro tea/coffee making facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Piano di Sorrento