We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photos on Macerata holiday villas taken by travellers

Macerata, Italy
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
photos on Macerata holiday villas taken by travellers

How are these "travellers" photos obtained /selected? The first 2 photos have been taken from my ad for my property on another website without my permission and my property is not on the Trip advisor website. They are in breach of copyright.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,724 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: photos on Macerata holiday villas taken by travellers

Where is the link to these photos?

On the Macerata forum page, there is a link on the left-hand side that just says "Photos". If I follow that link, I see more than two photos attributed to RoamerItaly.

Is it possible that you have photos on Facebook that are "shared" with Tripadvisor without your knowledge? I've avoided linking my Facebook and TripAdvisor accounts because I don't want any "sharing" between them.

If this isn't the problem, try sending an email to support@tripadvisor.com .

Edited: 20 September 2012, 20:06
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,724 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: photos on Macerata holiday villas taken by travellers

Here are two other ways to contact them:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

TripAdvisor LLC

141 Needham Street

Newton, MA 02464

USA

Macerata, Italy
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: photos on Macerata holiday villas taken by travellers

Thank you very much for this link. I have written to them requesting that the photographs be removed. One shows the white road to my property and the other a local castle, a photograph taken by me and a very unusual angle immediately identifiable. Both have been copied from another website where I advertise. Any thoughts of starting to advertise with trip advisor have definiely gone on the back burner. I feel that maybe the site is now infiltrated by trolls and is not very ethically run and its time is past.

I am not on facebook so the photos cannot be from there.

I am grateful for your help.

Edited: 20 September 2012, 20:41
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,724 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: photos on Macerata holiday villas taken by travellers

Have you seen the other photos attributed to you?

5. Re: photos on Macerata holiday villas taken by travellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Macerata
More Macerata Topics