We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vagabonda........

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vagabonda........

You have so much knowledge about Sicily. I wish you were a tour guide...I think you would make a wonderful one.

I'm surprised some of the recommended tour guides are already booked for next fall.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vagabonda........

Thank you for such a lovely compliment get_away_from_it_all!

Have you been able to book the required guides for your holiday?

All the best!

Vagabonda

Brantford, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vagabonda........

We are travelling from lamezia terme to giardini Naxos in late April by train.

Should we take the train ferry across to messina or walk onto the ferry. Is one faster than the other?

Then should we take a bus to Giardini Naxos or continue on by train?

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vagabonda........

No, Vagabonda. Joan is Malta is already booked...another large cruise ship is in port the same day. I'm waiting to hear back...maybe her husband will do our tour. I sent Rosy an E-mail and I'm still reading and researching drivers in Siracusa. Sorrento and Amalfi are a piece of cake...may or may not use a driver in Sorrento...some we can DIY, since we've been there before. We love just spending time in Sorrento.

I know there's information somewhere that shows the other ships in port when we are but haven't found it yet...still looking for that link.

The first leg of our cruise has been successful...I have booked what I wanted for the Tuscan countryside with a highly recommended driver and he has been wonderful about getting back to me and granting my wishes. Fantastico! ;-)

The compliment I paid you was well founded. You are a La mia bella donna.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,112 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vagabonda........

Welcome to Sicily Shar0neL!

Take the train straight-through from Lamezia Terme Centrale to Taormina-Giardini, approximately three and a half to four hours. The train would load on the ferry.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,112 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vagabonda........

Thank you once again get_away_from_it_all!

It appears that Sicily and Malta are becoming very popular cruise destinations!

Find cruise timetables -

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/

Hopefully Joan can reference another guide for you, or you might post on the forums for Malta, but perhaps also check with Michele Gallo of Sicily TravelNet, or Vincenzo Ciceraro and Valeria Gulotta at Tour of Sicily to see if they can offer suggestions for Malta.

sicilytravel.net/index.php/Malta_tours.htm

www.around-sicily.com/Pagina.asp…

The official Maltese tourism website is excellent as well, and then you could crosscheck against TA reviews.

http://www.visitmalta.com/

http://www.visitmalta.com/en/tourist-guides

In addition to earlier suggestions for Siracusa, surely contact Christian from New Travel Services! Christian is completely professional, reliable, and a good-value.

www.newtravelservices.net/en/7-contatti

Guemar Travel runs very reliable driver services around Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast.

Hope you'll enjoy your planning. You'll visit fantastic destinations!

The best -

Vagabonda

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vagabonda........

The compliment is indeed well founded, get_away-from-it-all! The Sicilian forums would be rendered anchorless without Vagabonda's larger-than-life presence! Her largesse in imparting knowledge and guidance to travellers is beyond compare as is her humility of spirit. I'm contemplating a Val di Noto vacation for October - a long cherished dream- and studying her unrivalled post repertoire makes me realise as to what a treasure we have in our midst! Nearer the time I hope she'll do me the honour of critiquing my itinerary. A rough outline - Catania, Acireale, Etna, Caltagirone, Noto, Ragusa, Modica and Scicli. Palazzolo and Militello Val de Catania too perhaps (with a dash of Siracusa?) time permitting of course!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vagabonda........

How very kind of you dariuskakalia, thank you, and I would be honoured to critique your itinerary.

The UNESCO Val di Noto is indeed very special, as is Siracusa, so hopefully time will permit a visit to Siracusa as well. And hopefully you plan to hire a car, for you would surely appreciate a car with this itinerary.

Sicily help please :):

tripadvisor.com/…39338368

Hidden Gems in South East Sicily:

tripadvisor.com/…55058088

Buon Anno Nuovo!

Vagabonda

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vagabonda........

Grazie Mille ma'am! People like you are a joy and pleasure to know- those who give of themselves so selflessly. The links provided have been a source of education as well as fascination and I'll endeavour to structure my itinerary accordingly. My romance with Sicily started in 2010 with Palermo, Monte Pellegrino, Mondello, Monreale, Cefalu, Erice and Nicosia. What a heartbreakingly beautiful terrain - it was love at first sight- and I can't wait to return!

Buon Anno Nuovo to you as well!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,112 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vagabonda........

Thank you once again dariuskakalia!

You will undoubtedly also enjoy your return to visit to Sicily. The terrain in Sicily's southeast is also very beautiful, as well as the coast, and the towns and villages.

Distanti saluti!

Vagabonda

Brantford, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vagabonda........

Thank you Vagabonda, you have been of great assistance. There is always so much information to search through when planning a vacation to the beautiful island of Sicily, and your wealth of knowledge that you

pass onto the forum is always interesting and informative.