We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trevi's Black Celery Festival

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Trevi's Black Celery Festival

Does anyone know the dates of Trevi's Black Celery Festival in 2013? We will be staying in Citta della Pieve and would very much like to attend the festival. Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trevi's Black Celery Festival

According to this site, in Italian, it's been the third Sunday in October for over 30 years.

http://www.protrevi.com/protrevi/sagra.asp

I must say that in the pictures it looks green, and no different from any other celery. However, they say it has a "pronounced taste" and no strings. I'm not sure the pronounced taste would attract me, but the lack of strings sounds like a good idea.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trevi's Black Celery Festival

Thanks for the information .... unfortunately, we will be in Umbria for the 2nd weekend of October, so I guess we will miss the Festival.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trevi's Black Celery Festival

Maybe you can still find some black celery for sale, if it's a local specialty.

4. Re: Trevi's Black Celery Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2013, 13:06

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trevi's Black Celery Festival

Thanks to all for the information. Hopefully we will be able to at least try the "black celery" during our stay in Umbria.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trevi's Black Celery Festival

I had a perfect meal at L'Alchimista in Montefalco in October as the celery palio came into play at Trevi. The 'black celery' with pecorino was superbo and luckily i agreed to share my dish otherwise no hope of downing a premi blue rare truffled steak to follow.

Seriously good tastes but not to radical in difference to the celery dishes i do here in Oz....... half the attraction is where you have it.....and on holiday.

Reply to: Trevi's Black Celery Festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trevi