We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nettbuss TIMEkspressen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Blairstown, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
Nettbuss TIMEkspressen

I need to get from the Gardermoen airport in Oslo to Rjukan on Dec 24. My plane arrives at 8:10 am on the 24th. I have tried looking this up on www.nettbuss.no/ekspressbuss/timekspressen however my Norwegian is not so good. If anyone has an answer for me I would greatly appreciate it. Also where can I access times that a buss will run, if at all? Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nettbuss TIMEkspressen

Not sure if it is helpful at all, but I would try ruter.no (They have a english translation button on the very top of the page).

I am not familiar with your destination, but it looks like it would take a train and then two bus transfers. I did a quick search on a sunday, because if anything runs on the 24th of December it would be on that schedule or less. Maybe if you look it up, you can then find the correct bus schedules and see what it says for holidays.

Good luck!

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nettbuss TIMEkspressen

The options are few for travel on such a day.

You need to get to the Bus Terminal in Oslo by 10:40am for Timekspressen #1 to Notodden, there you need to change for Rjukanekspressen with arrival in Rjukan at 2:10pm.

This is the last departure for the day, the next being the following morning (let's hope your plane isn't delayed).

Quickest into town from the airport is the Airport Express Train (19-25mins). The Bus Terminal is a short walk (more or less right across the street - crossing via walkbridge) away.

Blairstown, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nettbuss TIMEkspressen

Thank you so very much for your response! I really feel like I got an expert to respond to my question. Thank you again!

Blairstown, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nettbuss TIMEkspressen

Thank you for responding! Not much happens at all on the 24th. I'll check it out. Thanks again.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nettbuss TIMEkspressen

In Norway (and Scandinavia for that matter) the 24th is the day for Christmas (Jul) celebrations. So society tends to shut down around 1-2pm and everybody goes home to celebrate with their families.

Also note that there is only 10 minutes between buses at Notodden. I belive you can buy a ticket for the whole trip from the first driver, so (s)he'll be aware that you're connecting to Rjukan - and therefore can call the other bus if there is a delay.

Edited: 10 November 2012, 06:53
Reply to: Nettbuss TIMEkspressen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rjukan