We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rethinking my Itinerary...

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rethinking my Itinerary...

My current plan is to arrive in Flam on a Sunday afternoon on the train, stay 2 nights and continue on to Bergen, stay 3 nights and fly out of Bergen on Friday. In Flam I plan to do some walking/hiking and take a cruise on the Nærøyfjord. I was then going to take a bus from Flam to Bergen on Tuesday. I haven't finalized everything I want to do in Bergen, but it would include hiking/walking, sightseeing and maybe more fjord-touring.

After great input by people, I'm wondering if I should rethink it. It was suggested that I could do the Nærøyfjord on my way to Bergen. When getting to Gudvangen, taking bus to Voss, train from Voss to Bergen.

I'm wondering if I should stay in Flam just for 1 night? Then on Monday, go on the Nærøyfjord. Take the bus to Voss and stop at Stalheim. Hang out in Voss for the day/night. Take train to Bergen on Tuesday morning.

That would give me 2 1/2 days in Bergen. Is that good? And based on my new itinerary, what would be the best way to see another fjord? I see some day trips from Bergen.

Lastly, will I be able to pick up bus (local and express) and train schedules when in Flam? If so, where?

Thanks!!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
23,972 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rethinking my Itinerary...

Normally local buses go outside the main roads and could add interest. For example the local buses between Gudvangen and Voss take the old hairpin road. Same goes for the bus from Voss via Hardanger to Bergen; it will take you by villages and local communities.

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Rethinking my Itinerary...

Long distance express buses are larger and more comfortable than short distance local buses. Services don't overlap much so you don't normally have a choice.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 14:26
13. Re: Rethinking my Itinerary...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Voss Municipality