We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Voss to Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Buses from Voss to Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 13:12
Nordic Ventures
Kayaking & Canoeing, Sightseeing Tours
Voss Active
River Rafting & Tubing
Skydive Voss
Skydiving, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
29,249 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

Train tickets are not sold out. Most trains between Voss and Bergen are local commuter trains - they are not possible to book in advance. You buy your ticket at the station from a vending machine.

The bus costs NOK 159

…nor-way.no/nbeiis/search/searchresult.aspx

Edited: 22 July 2013, 07:10
2. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 13:12
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
29,249 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

Not knowing your date, it is difficult for me to test what is going on. The only explanation I can think of is that there is a large group travelling on that exact train on your day. Normally local trains do not sell out as it is not possible to book.

Both the 925 and the 450 bus will take you from Voss to Bergen. The 450 buss will also take you from Flåm or Gudvangen to Bergen if that is where you are arriving from.

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

This bus from Voss to Bergen via Hardangerfjord is much more scenic than the direct express bus.

skyss.no/Global/…20service.pdf

Edited: 22 July 2013, 09:58
alabama
Level Contributor
645 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

HI Klima, This is Magdalyn, re #3, your recommendation on the bus cum ferry #925 from Voss to Bergen. IF I am taking the bus at 1705pm leaving from Voss on the 8th Sept, (Mon) and arr. at 2005 hr at Bergen. Can I still admire the fjord scenery at that time and hour of the year??? (Wonder wat is sunset hour?) . Do u know how much is the fare for the bus 925 ride?

We either take the train from Voss to Bergen or the bus #925,

My plan is that we will be taking a train from Oslo to Myrdal

rail from Myrdal to Flam and

boat/ferry from Flam to Gudvangen and

bus from Gudvangen to Voss and

Voss to Bergen (by train or bus #925)

Another question is : could you kindly help me to understand the bus schedule : https:/…925_Granvin-Norheimsund-Bergen.pdf (mon to friday schedule)

If I will to take the bus route 15 from Voss at 1905hr , I will arrive at Norheimsund at 2050 and then I have to wait and change another bus route 16 to continue my ride and arriving Bergen at 2325 hr. Is this correct. Thank you.

Edited: 26 May 2014, 19:12
alabama
Level Contributor
645 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

Norsc, What bus number for this scenic drive ? Thanks !

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
29,249 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

Did you follow the link that Norsc provided ?

alabama
Level Contributor
645 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

Hi Klima , yes, I clicked on the link..it just directed me to the skyss website in foreign lang. BTW , could u plse take a look on my new thread "Bergen and the nutshells" , I have listed down the train, bus and ferry schedules, am not sure whether is it correct, could u pls help me to verify. Thanks. I saw one of your answer in one of the thread that you had mentioned to take the train from Oslo to flam instead of of Oslo to Myrdal. So if I am going to book the ticket to do the NIN, should I book the Oslo to Flam or Oslo to Myrdal. ? Trying to look out for the minipris fare. Thanks !

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
29,249 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

If you want to go to Flåm, you have to book a ticket to Flåm - not get stuck at Myrdal mountain junction.

Do we get a trip report if I verify ?? It is a lot of work to do, I am kind of busy right now, so hopefully not too urgent.

When you go to foreign countries, there are foreign languages to deal with - I find google translate useful in these cases. Bus timetables in rural Norway are in Norwegian as they are aimed for locals rather than tourists.

Edited: 01 June 2014, 21:07
alabama
Level Contributor
645 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buses from Voss to Bergen

If I book the train ticket from Oslo to Flam, then I will miss the Flamabana ride right ? I am planning to purchase the train ticket from Oslo to Myrdal and then take the Flamabana to Flam (one way) and continue my NIN from there.

No problem with the report. Am I supposed to give you the report after I have completed my NIN trip ? Will need to purchase the train tickets for the NIN trip on 8th Sep.

Thanks