We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

Which Port d'Andratx hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
11 posts
Save Topic
Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

Hi

Has anybody experienced the reliability of the Bus service between Port Andratx and Camp de Mar and back to the port again ?

This year there is 5 of us and taxis only take 4 so would like the bus option to go to the beach

thanks

1. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 January 2010, 22:33
Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

Lonk for bus services

www.caib.es/sacmicrofront/contenido.do…

Also consider San Telmo in the other direction. More pleasant town and less crowded.

derby
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

The timetable on the link that Whitehorsepeter has given you says that it only applies until the end of this month, but it probably applies until April, and there are more buses in summer on #102.

Experience says that buses turn up but that their time-keeping is traffic related. With a clear run, they run early, at busy times they run late. You do need to allow for early running, especially at slack times. Last May we went from Palma to San Telm, changing at PA, and the 19.00 back started 5 minutes early and gained time -I assume it was the end of the driver's shift.. We would have been very early back if we hadn't got stuck behind a dustcart in Paguera!

I agree that San Telm is worth a visit.

Beware at Camp de Mar that there is only one bus stop, in both directions buses go off the main road and turn at a roundabout at the entrance to the development.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

lol, I was right, should have the courage of my convictions. Originally posted about the 102, but then deleted it as I thought I might have got mixed up where Camp de Mar was.

I would also recommend San Telm, and also while you are there get the ferry to Dragonera. I love that place, lovely walks and dramatic scenery, but take some food and drink with you as there are no shops there! Or you could hire a boat yourself in Andratx and take yourself over there. When I did that it was one of my best days ever, over to the island, back again, and a cruise around the coastline.

Manchester
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

Thanks... For the link

Manchester
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

Thanks for the advice

Manchester
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

sounds great as I am in to boats sailing or motor

what company did you use?

Thanks

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

I have no idea what the company was, it was at the end of the prom in Andraxt, but there are loads of places there that hire out boats, either sail or motor. I am afraid we took the motor as neither of us has a boat license and that is all we were allowed, but if you have the license, then you will be able to take your pick. Full day is 10-6 and half day is 2-6 (and they probably do a half day morning as well.) For what we had, a small basic insubmergable (apparently you can half fill it with water and it won't sink) was 150 euros for the full day plus fuel, which came to about another 30 euros.

Well worth it in my opinion, some lovely places to stop for a swim, go ashore, or just pootle about round the coast.

9. Re: Port Andratx To Camp de Mar - Bus service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Andratx