We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Costa Brava

cleveland, oh
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Costa Brava

Hello! I will by honeymooning in Spain from June 7 - 21. We plan to stay in Barcelona for a few days but will then drive up the Costa Brava. I definitely plan to book a couple of days in Cadeques, but I would also like to book a hotel for a few nights in the Palamos, Calella de Palafrugell, Llafranc area with the goal of relaxing on the beach but also taking some short trips inland and to other coastal towns. I am having trouble figuring out which town to stay in for that area. We are young and want some night life, but are not the all night club going types. If anyone could recommend a town in this area that would be wonderful. Thank you!

Tyneside, England
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Costa Brava

Calella and Llafranc are beautiful, but could be rather quyiet in the evening at that time of the year. I would suggest Begur, with any number of excellent small hotels..Aiguaclara or Aiguafreda if you are splashing out, Rosa if you are on a budget, but most are excellent.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Costa Brava

Hi,

I'd agree, Begur is a better bet if you want some nightlife, although it's fairly low key until peak season. It also has a beautiful beach, Sa Riera. From Begur you can drive to Girona in an hour, it's a beautiful city worth a visit. Also close to Begur is the tiny fishing village of Sa Tuna, really pretty and laid back. LLafranc, Tamariu and Caletta are only 15 mins drive away. Let me know if I can help you with anything else; I live in Begur so have a good knowledge of the area.

cleveland, oh
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Costa Brava

Thank you very much for your advice! I just sent an email to the Aiguaclara for a 2 night stay! I am also thinking about staying 1 night in Tossa De Mar.

Tyneside, England
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Costa Brava

Bet you a buck you decide to stay the third night in Begur instead of moving to Tossa - I know I would!

5. Re: Honeymoon in Costa Brava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 16:19