We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Holiday.

Dublin
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
June Holiday.

Hi!!

I am trying to plan a holiday for the first week in June. My father has business in Gerona so I would like to stay somewhere along the Costa Brava coast. Any recommendations?!

We're a small Irish family (just me, my mum and my dad) and although I'm twenty one I probably won't be going out much. We're just looking for a nice hotel/villa, with nice local restaurants and hopefully some sunshine for me to sunbathe!! We will have a car so non-local beaches won't be a problem! I was thinking somewhere like Begur or Pals or maybe Tossa de Mar. Any advice?!

Thank you!

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June Holiday.

Hi,

Begur is delightful, as is Pals. If you want somewhere to stroll in the evenings, cafes, restaurants, go for Begur. Tossa is massively touristy...... think lager louts! Take a look at www.holiday-rentals.co.uk

I live in Begur so get back to me if you need more help.

Denise

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June Holiday.

hi we have just come back from tossa de mar it should be nice in june the beachs are nice there all up the coast from there is a lot to see we did not see no larger louts

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
92 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June Holiday.

There are so many nice resorts - Llafranc's our favourite - very quiet in June though (we stay in the Cassamar) Calella is a bit livelier, another good one is Tamariu. Maybe do a search for these 3 and Begur - you'll find lots of comments and I think they all have web sites so you can have a look at some pics. (there are web cams for Calella and Tamariu here: http://www.tamariu.eu/webcam.php

Good luck ... Roger

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June Holiday.

Cadeques is gorgeous little coastal village. Great restaurants and lots of sunshine!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,095 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June Holiday.

Yes but not great beaches and stuck at the end of a winding coast road so difficult to explore the area! I agree that Cadaqués is beautiful, and makes a perfect day-trip, but I'd go with the idea of mid Costa Brava area.

Pals beach doesn't have nice promenade to stroll along so one of the other places is probably better. The beach is great (long and sandy) and there are some wonderful restaurants in Pals town and vicinity.

6. Re: June Holiday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 11:21