We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torroella de Montgri to Begur

dorset
7 posts
Save Topic
Torroella de Montgri to Begur

Hello,

Myself and my partner are going to be staying in an apartment in Torroella de Montgri in June and I was wondering how easy it is to get buses/taxis to L'Estartit, Begur, Tamariu and Palafrugell in the day & evening time? Are these places really far away?

Also, what are the drinking limits in Spain in case we drive?

Are there any good restaurants/things to do in Torroella de Montgri?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Becky

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torroella de Montgri to Begur

Torroella is a lovely little town - market on a Monday (well has been for the last 13 years - so dont see why it would change!). There is a lovely little square - there is also a really good music festival in June/July and August - some of these are open air - and free - others you would need to pay for. Well worth it though.

I believe you can now do a walking tour of the town - never done it - but should imagine that would be quite interesting.

Lots of little restaurants - dont be put off my the fact that they look run down or too cheap - they are mostly very good.

There is one on the main road at the bottom end of the town - opposite a garrage and a Carrefour supermarket. This is, I think, 9 euros each - three courses and wine/water.

All of the towns you mention are in driving distance - dont know much about bus services - sorry. There is a tourist office in the main car park and the top of the town - next to a large roundaout - sure they could help.

L'Estartit is about a 15 min drive from the town - market is on a Thursday - and much bigger. Meant to say - the market is Torroella is more food orientated - so would be perfect for you to get something to cook back at the apartment - there is also a really good fish monger on the main street through the town.

Although I hope nobody gets ill - be aware that if you take you E111 card there is a fantastic medical centre is Torroella - they all speak English - and its completely free.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Let me know if you want any more information.

north london
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Torroella de Montgri to Begur

there are buses to the towns you mention, you should not miss Pals it is a lovely mediaeval village for bus timetable info look on the sarfa website

Tyneside, England
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Torroella de Montgri to Begur

Beware the buses. They're not exactly plentiful. The places you mentioned are all must-see (well, perhaps not Estartit, but a great starting point for sailing trips) and the advice I always give is to hire a car because you miss so much otherwise. There may be people who tell you the Spanish are very relaxed about drink-driving - DON'T believe a word of it. They have really tightened up in the last few years and expect a night in jail and a hefty fine if you are caught. And I live in Begur for a chunk of the year and don't want to bump into you on the road to TdM. Enjoy your stay - it's a lovely part of the world.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torroella de Montgri to Begur

Yes, I agree about the drink/driving. I live in Begur and the police are frequently at the main roundabout into the town, stopping and checking for drunken drivers.

I believe you can get a bus from Torroella to Palafrugell, not sure about Begur. The advice to look on the Sarfa website is the best plan.

Good luck!

5. Re: Torroella de Montgri to Begur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 08:41