We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in Torroella de Montgri

dorset
7 posts
Save Topic
Travel in Torroella de Montgri

Hi guys,

We're going to stay in Torroella de Montgri in a couple of weeks and were wondering whether it would be better to hire a car or use public transport?

Thanks for your help.

Becky x

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
915 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel in Torroella de Montgri

It depends really how much exploring you intend to do but I would strongly recoomend you hire a car to see as much as possible of this beautiful area. We normally prebook a car for pickup and return at Girona airport (assuming that's where you're flying into) and find that the cost is very largely offset by any transfers cost we would have. Public transport is rather thin on the ground in the general area but the roads are quiet by UK standards and well signposted so driving is easy.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel in Torroella de Montgri

Definitely hire a car. There are so many lovely places to visit here, many are not accessable by public transport. There ARE buses to Girona and L'Escala from Torroella d M, but limited.

dorset
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel in Torroella de Montgri

thank you both for your posts! i think we will definitely get a car now - the only trouble is we dont have a credit card between us so we need to get one to hire a car. i think it will definitely be worth it though!

thanks again,

becky

4. Re: Travel in Torroella de Montgri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 11:19