We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Spain using a GPS

Malta
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving in Spain using a GPS

Has anyone drove recently in Costa Brava and made use of a GPS? What was your experience? I intend to take my Garmin Nuvi GPS with me for my stay in Costa Brava. Any tips and recommendations on driving in Costa Brava during the month of August? I/m interested to know about car-parks, road signs, etc.

Do you recommend an excess insurance or is it something one can take the risk to do without?

Girona
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Spain using a GPS

Hi,

It depends on the places you'll go, there are not big motorways to drive, so be patient with the queues that maybe be you get in.

I'll recomment you drive during the week, not during the weekend, specially on sunday, because it's the day more people move around Costa Brava.

But during the august all the region is crowed.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in Spain using a GPS

I have guests renting my villa and those who choose to use their SAT NAV's have all got lost! One family were guided over the mountain from Girona Airport to Begur (there are 2 much better ways!). Guests who arrived today were guided km's away from the villa and were lost for an hour! You have been warned!

Personally, I would take the insurance as cars do seem to get bumped a lot here!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
62 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in Spain using a GPS

We've recently returned from Spain, drove all over Spain using Garmin and it worked perfectly. The only problems we had were with road construction which it didn't show. It shows parking nicely. Highly recommend using it. Just don't leave it in the car.

4. Re: Driving in Spain using a GPS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Costa Brava
Recent Conversations