We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Found the hotel... now looking for restaurants!

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Found the hotel... now looking for restaurants!

We are staying in the Palafrugell area for a week with extended family (12 of us in all). We are looking for some great restaurants in and around the area that are child friendly and do accommodate vegetarians.

After this my husband and I are staying on for 4 nights at Castella d'Emporda (thanks to a Trip Advisor recommendation). We are celebrating his 40th birthday and whilst we do anticipate eating at the hotel restaurant at least twice, we would be interested to know where else you would recommend. I'm thinking classy, romantic venues with excellent food and ambiance. P.S. We're not the veggies so no issue there...

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Found the hotel... now looking for restaurants!

We'll have a hired car so we can travel about a bit, but preferably not too far.

Thanks in advance.

Look forward to reading and researching all your suggestions.

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Found the hotel... now looking for restaurants!

Classy - Tragamar. right on the waterfront in calella de palafrugell, beautiful seafood.

Cracking paella at a restaurant called 'xabec' - one street back from port bo beach in calella de p.

Also a lovely restaurant up the hill in llafranc as well, can't remember it's name though. Maybe called 'casamar'?. it has a michelin bib gourmand to it's name IIRC.

Theres a place in Tamariu which does great paella as well, don't know it's name. If you come down the hill into tamariu, onto the beach, it's along to your right, as far as you can go.

Xabec is my personal favourite, tremendous service, amazing lobster paella and the friendliest staff you will ever encounter.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Found the hotel... now looking for restaurants!

I agree with El Tragamar. If you want REALLY classy and wonderful food in a delightful and stylish restaurant, look no further than La Placa in Madremanya......simply the best! I ate there last week and had the Taster Menu (7 small courses), it was fabulous. Madremanya is in the direction of Girona, then left up a country road for about 6km. It's a tiny hilltop hamlet, very quaint and picturesque. The restaurant (and hotel) have reviews on TA.

Peratallada is another quaint village where the restaurants El Pati and La Paisa are also worth a visit.

Denise

4. Re: Found the hotel... now looking for restaurants!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Costa Brava
Recent Conversations