We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice about Mont Ras, Palafrugell area

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Advice about Mont Ras, Palafrugell area

Hi there,

Was looking for some advice as my family and I are thinking of renting a villa in Mont Ras, Palafrugell.

I'm very keen to discover the real Spain without the tacky beach resorts and masses of tourists and would be very, very grateful for some insider knowledge and advice on the area.

Many thanks in advance

Hannah

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice about Mont Ras, Palafrugell area

Hi,

Mont Ras is a suburb of Palafrugell so make sure you hire a car for getting into the town and to get to the local beaches. The town is interesting with good shops and an excellent daily food market.

The nearest beaches of Llafranc, Tamariu and Calella de Palafrugell are beautiful with good restaurants and bars. Depending on the time of year you are thinking of visiting they can get busy, especially in July and August.

Bristol
Level Contributor
389 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice about Mont Ras, Palafrugell area

Hi

As Denise mentions Mont Ras is just a suburb of C de P. This is were many of the local workers live and its not really a tourist area though it has the advantage of being close to the main road if you're doing alot of travelling.

C de P is a quiteish town with a selection of apartments / villas for rent, hotels, camp sites,restaurants and cafes, but not a great deal of night life.

If you want to avoid the crowds then probably best not to go in July in August when it does get busy with visitors mainly from Barcelona & France but with a cosmopolitan feel.

Denise has mentioned the nearby coves which are all delightful , in addition there are some picturesque medieval villages inland, Begur is worth a visit, plus a number of Dali venues.

To make the best of the area you need a car and its probably best to fly in from Girona unless this holiday incudes more travel.

Hope this helps

Tim

London
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice about Mont Ras, Palafrugell area

Thankyou very much for your kind advice, it has been greatly appreciated!

I have decided to give the villa near Mont Ras a miss and we are travelling to Galicia instead now.

However, I'm still determined to discover the coast and we are thinking of adding a week on in Begur.

Again honest opinions are appreciated!

Regards

Hannah

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice about Mont Ras, Palafrugell area

Sounds like à good plan. If you need any help in planning à week in Begur, get back to me, I'd be pleased to help.

Denise

5. Re: Advice about Mont Ras, Palafrugell area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 05:19