We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach is this?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach is this?

Sorry folks, I'm still looking at beaches and dreading the drive from Barcelona. Can anyone identify the beach in this photo? Is it Llafranc or Calella de Palafrugell? Thanks very much. In case the link doesn't work, I found the picture on the Viator Barcelona website, under Giron & Costa Brava small group day trips.

…viator.com/graphicslib/…8422_popup.jpg

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach is this?

BTW, there's a flag in the foreground and it looks like a PADI flag. That means that this beach must have a dive shop. Hope it rings a bell for someone.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach is this?

Hi, thats Calella de Palafrugell - a lovely place.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach is this?

Thanks tepore!

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which beach is this?

Yes, I´d agree with tepore, it´s Calella de Palafrugell............delightful!

Bristol
Level Contributor
398 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which beach is this?

Hi

There is also a webcam of C de P and Tamariu at:-

http://www.finquesfrigola.com/buy-sell.php which shows a C de P wider angle, and also a virtual tour. There are actually 2 or 3 beaches at C de P spread out along the front of the town.

Dont think there is one at Llfranc but I dare say you've found pictures from Google.

Tim

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which beach is this?

Thanks Denise and Tim. The finquesfrigola website was very interesting, especially the panoramic shot of the beaches from the water. Kind of scary to see how many buildings are crowding up against the shoreline, but I guess everyone wants a piece of the beautiful ocean vista. The beaches must get packed with people in the summer. I'm not worried though, since all we want is to be IN the water, not on the beach.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which beach is this?

if you want diving.. L'Estartit is the place to be http://www.visitestartit.com/en

for diving look here http://www.quimsdivingestartit.com/?idioma=en there are many dive centres here and you have www.visitestartit.com//index.php?id=128

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which beach is this?

Gigis_mum,

Just to point out that the photo only shows a partial view of C de P and that there are more beach areas out of shot - Canadell beach for instance which is the biggest of the beaches in the village. Although the beaches do undeniably get full in peak season, I can't ever recall them being unpleasantly so. I only mention this as I got a feeling that you might think the resort very crowded which we've never found to be so. Don't worry at all about the houses which are close to the shoreline as the whole of the front of CdeP is an absolute delight.

And if you do want a much bigger beach, you only have a short drive to Playa d'en Castell between Palafrugell and Palamos.

Here is a link to some more photos of CdeP.

trivago.com/calella-de-palafrugell-93097/bea…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which beach is this?

Sammysgranny, you are a dear! Thank you for the link to these beautiful pictures. I have a better idea now of the area. Maybe we'll see you there!

Senorita_kaz, L'Estartit looks like a great place for diving. We'll have to come back to Spain when my 11 yo is a bit older.

Bristol
Level Contributor
398 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which beach is this?

Sorry Gig[s_mum didnt mean to scare you with the wecam. I dont think it shows C de P in its best light though it looks as though SammysGranny has put you right . The two or three beaches I mentionec are spread out over perhaps half a mile along the front and as mentioned by SG they never get absolutely packed.

From here you can walk round to Llafranc in about 30 mins along the costal path which is a pleasant walk.

Tim

Get answers to your questions about Costa Brava
Recent Conversations