We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calella de Palafrugell OR Begur?!

Sydney
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Calella de Palafrugell OR Begur?!

Hi there,

My husband and I were orignally going to book 2 nites at the Vintage Hotel for a bit of relax after 5 days in Barcelona in August. It looked amazing. But it is booked out!

Can anyone suggest a similar hotel? I am weighing up whether to stay in this town or go to Calella de P, but I think Begur has more restaurants/shops/nightlife. We are a young couple, and want a bit of luxourious relax time in the day with a nightlife!! What to do?!!!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calella de Palafrugell OR Begur?!

We always opt for Calella de Palafrugell as a base. It has a choice of beaches, good restaurants (try the Tragamar on Canadell beach) and stunning views although not many shops. Llafranc which is just next door and walkable also has good restaurants and a larger beach.

What neither of these places has though is anything like the Vintage hotel. In Cde P, have a look at the San Roc (stunning views and good food but no pool), the Alga where we have stayed a few times or the Garbi. In Llafranc, the Casamar is very good (but again no pool) but does tend to get booked up very quickly.

2. Re: Calella de Palafrugell OR Begur?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 07:19