We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May Trip

Westport...
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
May Trip

We are planning a 12 day trip the end of May. We are flying from the U.S. to Barcelona and have booked a hotel for the first 4 nights in Barcelona. We are planning on renting a car and want to tour Costa Brava and the Pyrenees. I have read many comments and suggestions and am really wondering about a route to take and realistically how many places we can visit in 6 days. We will return to Barcelona and spend the day/night there before we fly home. Know we want to go to Begur, Gerona, Aiguablava but need some guidance/suggestions. We like a leisurely pace and my husband loves to stop and photograph sights.We have travelled to Spain before and have loved our stays in paradors. Looking forward to your help!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May Trip

kindertea:

One place not to miss is the small medieval town of Besalu, one of the most beautiful towns in Spain.

In Lloret de Mar there is the beautiful garden of Santa Clotilde.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May Trip

I think if you add Besalu to your itinerary (which you must!) you probably have enough to fill your 6 days at a leisurely pace. However, if you can fit it in, visit Pals (near to Begur) as it´s a photographer´s dream!!!

england
Level Contributor
324 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May Trip

Fabulous photo opportunities on the Cami de Ronda, coastal walk between Calella de Palafrugell and Llafranc and beyond. Also from the lighthouse above Llafranc and the Cap Roig Botanical Gardens in Calella de Palafrugell.

As mentioned above Pals if fantastic too as is Peratallada.

My husband is a very keen photographer and never tires of these views.

4. Re: May Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Costa Brava