We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which town in The Costa Brava for us?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Which town in The Costa Brava for us?

Before going home we want to take a last trip near Barcelona. I saw some beautiful photos of the Costa Brava. I thought this is the best place for us to relax before going back to our busy lives in the States. It is close enough from Barcelona and we can reach there without much hassle. We want to stay overnight somewhere on the Costa Brava.

We are planning to visit to the Costa Brava this weekend. I have no idea which town is the best choice for us so I hope someone can give me some advice. I found a several coastal towns such as Sant Feliu de Guixios, Tossa de Mar, Lloret de Mar, Blanes and Pineda de Mar.

Will you give me some insight about these towns? If someone can give me a suggestion which town is the best for us that will be great. We are a mature couple and we don’t care for beaches a lot of drinking and partying are going on. I know it is impossible to avoid the crowd but I want to find the place to relax and enjoy beaches.

Thank you!

Pocono

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which town in The Costa Brava for us?

Pocono:

Go to Lloret and see the Santa Clotilde Garden. This garden is one of the most beautiful in Spain.

Bristol
Level Contributor
382 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which town in The Costa Brava for us?

I would consider Begur or surrounding area. Lovely picturesque town with a ruined castle to walk up to, but I dont know what accomodation you will get at such short notice.

Will you be driving?

Hope this helps.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which town in The Costa Brava for us?

I agree with Tim, but accommodation at such short notice could be a problem as he says.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which town in The Costa Brava for us?

Thank you for your quick replies.

I will look into the area of Begur. Does the Begur and surrounding area include Tamariu, Palafrugen and Llafranc? We must go there by using public transportation. I was reading this forum and have realized it will be a bit hard to reach. Do you think our trip to the Begur area with bus/train and taxi (if necessary) works? Do you have any idea how much taxi will cost to get the Begur area after reaching the point where we can go to the place by bus/train?

I didn’t realize that booking a hotel in the Costa Brava was that difficult. Oh no! I have to look for a hotel very hard. I need to hurry up to act.

I am glad I have get helps from kind people like you!

Thank you!

Pocono

5. Re: Which town in The Costa Brava for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 06:15