We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April - is it worth going??

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
593 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
April - is it worth going??

Hi all

we are thinking of visiting Costa Brava beginning of April for a week. I have found a good deal at the Costa Encantada hotel which seems to get good reviews. But my husband doesnt think it will be warm enough. We have 3 young children who love to spend their days in the pool (hotel has indoor pool so thats fine) and at the beach. Myself and my husband also like to have a bit of a sit in the sun with a book!

I visited Estartit when I was young and have lovely memories of it so would like to have a day trip there and maybe do a bit of site seeing in the reigion.

My question is, (finally,lol) do you think the weather will be good enough for this holiday or do you think we may be better waiting until the summer to visit? I have looked on all the weather sites which look a bit iffy for April but have then read lots of reviews and forum posts which say the weather was lovely in April? Im really confused!lol

Thanks

Kerry

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,639 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April - is it worth going??

Kerry:

The Costa Brava is best during summer. The beaches may have big waves in the off-season.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April - is it worth going??

We were in Calella (Costa Brava) in March and April last year. March weather was awful, May was lovely so april will be somewhere in between. However, we notivced in all the places we visited along the coast that the majority of businesses open for Easter week then close again until 1 May.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April - is it worth going??

Well, of course, we can´t totally depend on the weather! :-) It can be lovely here in April, but then it can be cool and rainy also. Today, here in Begur (not far from Estartit) it´s glorious...full sun and warm enough for a light sweater in the sun, but in the shade, still quite cold.

I would think it´s safe to say that you wouldn´t be swimming in the sea in April. But if the sun is out, out of the wind it can get really warm.

Hope this helps.

Denise

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
593 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April - is it worth going??

Hi

thanks for all the replies! I think perhaps we would be best to leave the trip until later in the year :-)

Thanks again for the advise!

Kerry

5. Re: April - is it worth going??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 10:30
Get answers to your questions about Costa Brava
Recent Conversations