We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medes island - day trip from barca

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
250 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Medes island - day trip from barca

Hi, i am visiting barca for 4 nights in may. Heard a lot about medes island. I would like to spend whole day there but cannot stay overnight

Can u give me the public trnsport route? Also any snorkeling tour that you strongly recommend?

Thanks

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medes island - day trip from barca

You could take the train from BCN to FLAÇA. Take a taxi from here to Estartit where you a boat to the islands.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
250 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medes island - day trip from barca

thanks Denise....taxi will be above my budget, i would like to use the public transport

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medes island - day trip from barca

i think you are being over optimistic in trying to get at day at the islands with the travel involved.

the only really viable option is to hire a car for the day as this will be quicker than using public transport and probably wont cost much more.

i would repost your enquiry about snorkelling in the barcelona forum as a new topic.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medes island - day trip from barca

It IS possible to do that trip easily and cheaply by public transport, at least during high season you can take a Sarfa bus from Barcelona to L'Estartit. But maybe not in May... Check http://www.sarfa.com

Can't help about snorkelling tours. They will not be cheap indeed.

In any case, 2 comments:

- Illes Medes are a nice natural protected area. However, do not have too great expectations about snorkelling in the Mediterranean. I'm not sure this daytrip would be the best use of your short time in Barcelona.

- I guess you will be sending 4 days in Barcelona, not in Barca that's a village inland Spain ;-))

5. Re: Medes island - day trip from barca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:15