We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Brava Itinerary

los angeles
Level Contributor
927 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Brava Itinerary

Hi All,

I've travelled in Spain but never to the Costa Brava. I was hoping to get some input on my itinerary, we'll have a car so would love to hear about not to be missed sights. We're travelling the first two weeks in August, not an ideal time crowd-wise but the only time we could come. So here goes:

Barcelona for the first 5 nights, staying at Hotel Sixty-two.

Girona 2 nights at Hotel Historic, after which we pick up our rental car at the train station.

San Feliu de Boada 2 nights at Hotel San Feliu, the second day my husband and son are playing golf at Golf Playa de Pals.

Roses 2 nights at Marina Hotel, primarily for the beach and seafood.

Figueres 1 night at Hotel Plaza Inn and a visit to the Dali Museum, then return rental car to Girona and return to Barca.

Is this too much moving around? I know that there are so many things to see in this area. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Brava Itinerary

I don't mind packing/unpacking and moving around so it seems fine to me.

Some car rentals allow drop-off at a different location with no additional charge with a rental of three days or longer. If that is the case with yours you might find it a lot more convenient to drop the car in Figueres and take the train from there instead of having to go back into Girona.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Brava Itinerary

It looks fine to me too. Medscape's suggestion regarding the car drop off is a good one, get the train from Figueres to BCN.

If you have time, try to visit Besalu, a beautiful medieval village about 20 mins drive west of Figueres. It is famous for its ancient bridge... Well worth the trip if you have time.

When the guys are playing golf, you could wander around the old part of Pals, be sure to take your camera as its very picturesque !

los angeles
Level Contributor
927 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Brava Itinerary

Thanks Denise and medscape, I appreciate your input. Your right about dropping the car in Figueres but I already have tickets from Girona, when I went on Renfe's website they were only showing two or three trains from Figueres, which I now know is not the case. Will see if I can do something about this when we get the car, it would be so much more convenient to drop it in Figueres (and we could save some euros by returning it a day earlier). Thanks again, will try to check out Besalu.

4. Re: Costa Brava Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Costa Brava
Recent Conversations