We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights in Costa Brava

Nazareth, Israel
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
3 Nights in Costa Brava

Me and my wife are planning a trip to Costa Brava.

Here is the plan:

30/8/13 10:30 Arriving to Barcelona Airport. Take the rented car and drive to the north to Lioret de Mar or Tossa de Mar (We're still looking for a nice hotel and we think those are 2 good places to stay)

The flight back home would be on the 2/9/13 23:30 from BCN airport.

We have almost 4 full days.

In which place to choose the hotel?

Recommended hotels up to 150 Euro for a couple for a night?

Any recommended places for a young couple in this period of time?

There are too much villages in the coast and it is confusing :)

Thanks,

Jim

Edited: 15 August 2013, 12:36
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

Depends what you both want from your stay on the Costa Brava, are you a young couple who party hard and like a big brash resort with lots of British home comforts, or are you a young couple who like a laid back archetypal Spanish resort complete with castle, picture postcard old town, boutique style shops, and Spanish restaurants/bars where one can purchase tapas rather than burger and chips?

If you are former go for Lloret, you will love it, if you are the latter go for Tossa de Mar you will not regret it.

There are plenty of reasonable hotels in both resorts, we stayed at the Medplaya Esmeraldas in Tossa, you can read the reviews on TA, would suggest using TravelRepublic or Alpharooms when looking for the best deals.

Nazareth, Israel
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

Thanks for your recommendations.

We are 30-32 years old couple and we can enjoy from both type of villages.

Because both of them are close and we will have a rented car we will decide according to a nice hotel we find.

Do you recommend to make a day trip to:

1. Girona?

2. Northern coast villages tour up to Cadaques?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

For me it would be a northern coast tour up to Cadaques, taking in the pretty unspoilt coastal towns and villages, have never been to Girona so can't comment on that one.

notts
Level Contributor
230 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

Girona is a beautiful city,walk around the city walls.

Nazareth, Israel
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

Maybe we'll be able to visit the northern coastal villages and in the next day Girona.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Essex
Level Contributor
98 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

Hi, We are in the same boat next month flying in to BCN, we are not going to hire a car, but use the train , think we are going to go to Girona for a couple of nights, then looking at somewhere nice on the coast to stay for 5 nights, but so many places, have been searching the internet today for hotels and places, like you, we like the best of both worlds, the authentic Spanish style with tapas bars and scenery and history, but also a bit of nightlife with lots of restaurants and bars, so hard to choose isn't it!

Nazareth, Israel
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

Alisa, I agree with you it is so confusing :)

I've finally booked in Lloret de mar at Hotel Anabel because of TA ranking and average price.

We will use it as B&B and most of the time we will explore the coast.

We've booked through TravelRepublic (according to monroeessex recommendation) as it showed the best price but before payment (and after you already filled all your info!) there jumped another 6 euro from no where :) some type of commission.

Anyway it was still the cheapest.

See you there.....

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

In the time you have available, I wouldn't bother with either Girona or Cadaques as there are so many lovely places nearer to you to visit such as Begur, Calella de Palafrugell, Tamariu, Llafranc, Sa Tuna and Sa Riera to mention but a few.

Lloret isn't my favourite place I have to say but Tossa is nearby and the beach at Canyelles is lovely.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

Girona is very different from the coastal villages so I would say still go, it is lovely. But I agree that with limited time going all the way up to Cadaqués probably isn't worth it. Inland from Begur, Sa tuna etc there are lovely medieval villages at Pals and Peratallada (to name but 2)

10. Re: 3 Nights in Costa Brava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 05:17