We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Brava Day Trip

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Costa Brava Day Trip

Hii There i'm planning a full day trip from/back to Barcelona that shall go as follow:

Girona - Figueres - Pals - Calella de Palafrugell

is it doable? and is there any public transportation that may serve this route??

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Brava Day Trip

By public transport it's not really feasible, even travelling by car you're looking to fit a lot in and won't really get much time in any location given the amount of travelling.

Pals and Calella de Palafrugell have to be reached by bus - either from Barcelona (2-3hr journey) or from Girona (about an hour). Girona itself is about 35 minutes fast train from Barcelona - so once you factor in connections and the return journey that would be a lot of travelling. Two out of the three areas might be more feasible.

Eg take the train from Barcelona to Figueres. Explore Figures in the morning, then train to Girona and explore Girona in the afternoon then back to Barcelona. Or take the bus to Calella de Palafrugell and Pals (you'd need to take a taxi between the two as local bus services are very limited). then go back via Girona.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Brava Day Trip

I agree with Saul, not really doable by public transport....and that's a lot of travelling in one day.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Brava Day Trip

hmm think I will go with Figueres/Girona Day trip .. However I would love to end my day with a nice dinner by the sea in any shore cities before heading back to Barcelona .. any recommendation ?

4. Re: Costa Brava Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Costa Brava