We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aletrnatives to Begur and villa rentals online?

B H
Oslo
Level Contributor
319 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Aletrnatives to Begur and villa rentals online?

I´ve been looking into places on the Costa Brava for a weeks holiday in mid August. I know it´s the high season. I´m looking for something a little bit different than the big "tourism machine" spots and am thinking more of places at or close to beach with smaller village with a fair amount of nice places to eat in the afternook. After reading some articles about Costa Brava I quickly found out that Begur is a popular spot and seems to be close to what I´m looking for. However, while not impossible the availability and prices in August seems limit available selection to a minimum of villas. So while digging deeper for places in Begur I woould like to broaden my search. So basically I would like help on:

1) Alternative places similar to Begur on the Costa Brava

2) Reliable websites for renting villas in the area

We´re looking for a villa that can house a minimum of 6 people. Minimum 3 bedrooms. Minimum of 2 bathrooms. Apart from that pool and air condition are wanted. Close proximity to beach and places to eat in afternoon/night is a big plus.

Edited: 27 April 2014, 22:57
Bristol
Level Contributor
398 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aletrnatives to Begur and villa rentals online?

Hi

Llafranc, Calella de Palafrugell, Tamariu, Aigua Blava, are all small villages close to Begur which you could try but many will be booked up for August already.

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aletrnatives to Begur and villa rentals online?

Unfortunately your ideal of an unspoilt village with a beach and nice restaurants is one that lots of people are looking for in August, so though there are beautiful villages, finding accommodation can be difficult (and expensive). To Tim's list I'd extend the search from Platja de Pals and down to La Fosca just north of Palamos. The next part to look at would be the older part of L'Escala towards Sant Marti d'Empuries, Sant Pere Pescador and Roses - none of which are quite like Begur. Alternatively look to go inland as there is some fabulous countryside and some excellent inland villages nearby - though they won't have the same vibrancy as the coastal villages.

Many of the local estate agents here also do holiday lettings and there may also be private lettings via ownersdirect, homelidays etc.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aletrnatives to Begur and villa rentals online?

Look at www.homeaway.com for a very good choice of rental properties.

Munich, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aletrnatives to Begur and villa rentals online?

Hello! We have previously enjoyed 3 holidays in the area you mention around Begur and we also stayed in Calella de Palafrugell in rented villas and we have used www.catalanholidays.com. We found them to be very good and they have a nice small office in the Begur town. Hope this information helps.

5. Re: Aletrnatives to Begur and villa rentals online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:16