We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Costa Brava?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Costa Brava?

Dear all,

I will travel to Costa Brava for 7 nights. I have never been in continental Spain before and I know almost nothing about Costa Brava and what this part of Spain can offer.

I am not a beach person at all however my partner is. We therefore will look for a place that offers:

- beach

- coastal walks in a walking distance from town/city

- attractions like the day trips/nature wonders/ruins of different kind

We are keen to stay in a bigger town that would also offer good restaurants. We will arrive to Girona.

Thanks for any ideas.

What would you recommend?

-

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,449 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Costa Brava?

You could stay at Tossa de Mar, a small town by the sea. If you have a car, you can do a day trip to Besalu, one of the most beautiful medieval villages in Spain. Near it is the town called Banyoles, which has a large lake. You can also do a day trip to Figueres and see the Dali Museum.

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Costa Brava?

For exploring, the areas between Palamos and Begur (including Llafranc, Calella de Palafrugell) have better connections than Tossa de Mar, excellent options for walking and are close to pretty villages like Peratallada, Ullastret, Pals with places like Empuries not too far away, or boat trips to the Ilslas Medes from L'Estartit.

Bristol
Level Contributor
396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Costa Brava?

I'd choose Begur. It's nearer to Girona and Figueres, has a ruined castle to walk up to and is in easy reach of the small coves and villages Saul mentions . There are Greek / Roman ruins up the coast and a day trip to Cadaques would be worth it too.

You will need a car to do all these things and it's easy to hire one at Girona airport.

Bristol
Level Contributor
396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Costa Brava?

I'd choose Begur. It's nearer to Girona and Figueres, has a ruined castle to walk up to and is in easy reach of the small coves and villages Saul mentions . There are Greek / Roman ruins up the coast and a day trip to Cadaques would be worth it too.

You will need a car to do all these things and it's easy to hire one at Girona airport.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Costa Brava?

The time of year is important, when are you due to arrive?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Costa Brava?

Hi,

we will arrive in mid September for 7 days. Still undecided :(

7. Re: Where to stay in Costa Brava?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:15