We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Dorada for the over 50s

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Costa Dorada for the over 50s

Hi all

Im looking to send my parents away during the last 2 weeks of August or the last week August/1st week September.

Im hoping to send them for 2 weeks and Ive been looking at several different places. I think somewhere in the Costa Dorada region would be nice so that they could take day trips to see Barcelona.

They are both in their early 50s and I dont want to send them somewhere that is full of rowdy teenagers if you know what I mean.

At the same time, I dont want to send them somewhere too quiet.

Looking for clean sandy beaches and somewhere where they can have a few drinks & entertainment in the evenings.

Can you recommend any parts in Costa Dorada or near that region that would suit?

Would Salou be suitable?

Thanks so much

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Dorada for the over 50s

Hi Katie, Salou, Cambrils or La Pineda would be ok.

if they have any walking problems, La Pineda would suit, flat and a really good beach, couple of bars and a few decent coffee stops. Likewise Cambrils, nice port and some old town.

Salou tends to be busier, more evening entertainment and shops/stalls but the beach is as good as the others on this coast.

Quiet hotels can be hit and miss, it depends who books in at the same time, and how close they are.

Organised bus tours to Barcelona, Andorra or Montserrat are available from Salou, or DIY rail trips to Barcelona.

I'm sure they will enjoy their trip.

2. Re: Costa Dorada for the over 50s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 03:16