We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from rhyl to robin hood camp

Which Rhyl hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from rhyl to robin hood camp

My nephew wife and two children are going to the camp on the bank holiday, the train will be dropping them of at ryhl they will have no luggage as we are taking it for them,so what bus drops outside, or is a taxi easier (is it far?) also we want to meet them in llandudno on the saturday so can they catch a bus outside the camp? Or is the train better? Thankyou

3 replies to this topic
Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
486 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from rhyl to robin hood camp

I'm not an expert on buses in that area but Robin Hood Camp is on the main road between Rhyl and Prestatyn so either the 11, 35 or 36 should stop nearby. I think the closest bus stop might be Ffrith Gardens but hopefully if I'm wrong someone will come along and correct me.

arrivabus.co.uk/ServiceSearchResults.aspx…

Personally I'd recommend getting the train to Llandudno. There's an hourly direct service from both Rhyl and Prestatyn into Llandudno. I'm not sure how the price on the train compares to the bus (it's probably more expensive) but the journey time on the bus is more than double that of the train so unless you really enjoy sitting on buses the train is far more convenient.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,873 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from rhyl to robin hood camp

Hi there, Andy has given you the correct bus numbers although I would suggest the 35 as that heads along the coast road whereas the 36 will take a while as it goes through Rhuddlan and Prestatyn before getting to the camp. There is a bus stop right outside the camp so they won't have far to walk. Taxis are also available right outside the train station and if I'm being honest, with the price of bus tickets these days I would probably opt for the taxi.

Again I have to agree with Andy and would suggest the train to Llandudno. Quicker than the bus.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from rhyl to robin hood camp

Hi can someone help please. My Son who is disable & a wheelchair user is booked in Robin Hood with his wife. They are getting a lift there but the lift back has been cancelled because or work commitments. What would be easier for them to travel back with public transport...& roughly how much would a taxi cost. Thank you for any help you can give.

Reply to: Transport from rhyl to robin hood camp
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rhyl
Recent Conversations