We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plan for The Crane

uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
plan for The Crane

Hi, Ive just booked a studio at The Crane and started doing some research. I am very grateful for the earlier posting that clarified that the Junior garden suites in the Oceans view building are in fact the studios. Now I could do with some help in identifying which of the buildings on the plan ( which is on their website) it actually the Ocean view as there doesnt seem to be a building with this name.

Also I see that a taxi costs $30+ from the airport to The Crane while the bus only costs $1. This seems a no- brainer to me as I can spend the money on other things, but in practice how easy would catching the bus be? I will certainly be using the bus later in the holiday as I love getting out and about meeting people but it may be trickier than I think on my first visit.

thanks so much

New York
Level Contributor
507 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: plan for The Crane

Your question is a little confusing, but I'll try to answer it. I am not sure what a "studio" is. You say in your posting that it is a Junior Garden Suite, but I am not sure that is correct. I believe there may be some studios in the old hotel. There is no building called Oceans. I think you are referring to the buildings that have ocean views, which would be 1 - 5 and 8 and 9. Almost none of the Junior Garden Suites have an ocean view. They are advertised as garden view. There are a few from which you can see the ocean, mostly from the side of the unit or from the terrace.

A taxi from the airport to The Crane is about $17US plus tip. We have never taken the bus from the airport.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,745 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: plan for The Crane

As NYS says the Junior Garden Suites are at the back of the Ocean View buildings and do not have a view of the sea. Some have a view from the balcony eg 521b,531b,541b.They are classified as studios and it is probably this type of room which you have. Flor clarity however it might be worth contacting The Crane direct ,reservations@thecrane.com.

Taxi is approx BDS$35 which is only £12. Bus would be BDS$2 each. A bus stop is situated accross the road from the airport. I would suggest that it would be a bit of a hassle, particularily with luggage, when you are tired after a long trip and in the heat.Better off with the taxi on arrival and departure. Bus is great for everything else however. Enjoy the Crane.

uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: plan for The Crane

Many thanks to you both. Sorry about the accommodation confusion. I had seen an earlier review which seemed to clarify the misunderstanding about what the Crane call a studio and it said they faced away from the sea (Ok by me) and were in the Ocean View building ( capital letters) which I couldnt then find on the site map. So from your answers I now know that there is no such named building but can identify which ones it could be.

As far as the bus is concerned I shall take your advice and use the taxi from the airport and leave the buses for more sociable trips around the island. I think its a great way to experience the country, the people and the culture and have met some great people.

Many thanks

Edited: 14 November 2013, 10:09
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,745 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: plan for The Crane

I am sure you will enjoy the Crane. The busses are great fun. Just hold on tight if you use the yellow ones!

5. Re: plan for The Crane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint Philip Parish