We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qeustion on pinar del rio

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Qeustion on pinar del rio

Hi can you give me advice about above.is there a few hotels here i have searched for hotels and same one keeps comming up,and says its over run by jenateros sorry i know not proper spelling .and also heard that there is lots of pressure from people trying y to sell you things.Thanks in advance

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,085 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

jimvin1:

I'm just wondering why you want to stay in Pinar del Rio when Viñales is only 17 miles away?

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

Hi.well its up in the air at the moment....I will only be at either one, overnight i dont want to be in the sticks in the short period i will be there i will be visiting either but when i get back to hotel or casa. i want to have a night in the town have a meal some drinks people watch etc. not a boozy night out will be with the wife...

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,085 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

Definitely chose Viñales to stay overnight rather than Pinar del Rio.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

Hi,is i,t true about pinar del rio,in original post..can you tell me what hotel or casa in vinales town centre with places to eat..or any where else to go round about same travelling distance....thanks for your advice.just want to do something differant than varadero and havana.thanks Where is the bay of pigs is it worth a over night stay

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

jimvin: I can't speak to the Vinales part but the Bay of Pigs is located on the south side of the Matanzas province in an area called Giron. If you like to scuba it would be a great area but other than that we didn't find a whole lot to do. Zapata park is in the area which has lots of wildlife but overall a very rural area.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,085 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

This is my review of the casa I stayed in Viñales. I would highly recommend it, if it is available. The food is excellent, far better than eating out and a lot cheaper too, I would imagine.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g616288-d1…

The Bay of Pigs is Playa Girón which is some 131 miles away from Havana and some 53 miles away from Cienfuegos.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

Thanks.....The Bay of Pigs,will be waisted on myself and wife....The casa in vinales looks great.we will have breakfast .but because we wont be arround much will be eating out .how far is town centre from this casa,I know vinales is more of a town.But do they have a few eatteries and watering holes....have they got a booking system and is it safe ,i dont want to turn up thinking were booked.and they dont know anything about our booking....and also is there any ATM,s thanks again

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

found Casa Papo y Niulvys,on cuba junky .they have e-mail to contact casa.thanks aain

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,085 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

No ATM's in Vinales, but there is a Cadeca in the main street. I would say it's probably the safest town in the whole of Cuba. It's only a really small place and the casa that I stayed at is in a street that runs parallel with the main road.

It's a tourist town and the casa I stayed at is ranked No 2 by Trip Advisor out of 111 casa's in the town. When the Viazul bus pulls in from Havana there are loads of casa owners standing there with placards advertising their casa.

I booked the casa through Jorge.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qeustion on pinar del rio

I have sent a E-mail through cuba junky are they ok

Get answers to your questions about Pinar del Rio Province