We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helmet for horse trekking?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Helmet for horse trekking?

Hello!

Has anyone here recently done horse trekking tour in Vinales?

If so, did you get any sort of protection such as helmet from local tour provider?

I've done horse trekking just once before and it all went fine, although I'm slightly concerned

if horse trekking tour can be challenging for beginners.

I'd appreciate for any comments!

Thank you :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
9,006 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helmet for horse trekking?

I haven't been to Vinales, but I would be extremely surprised if they supplied helmets. Certainly have never seen them anywhere else in Cuba.

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helmet for horse trekking?

We did the jeep tour in Holguin and they had mandatory helmets, but none when we went in Varadero

Mentioned in this post
Noordwijk, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helmet for horse trekking?

We went to vinales and there are no helmets on offer, I had the same concern and decided not to take the horse trek for that reason. Bring your own if you can because it is the most beautiful area and it would be a shame to miss out, I regret we didn't do the trek.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helmet for horse trekking?

Thank you for all the comments. Helmets might be quite rare to be seen in Cuba then....

I will work on my strategy! :)

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
553 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helmet for horse trekking?

Hello,

I know that tripadvisor.it/Attraction_Review-g616288-d70… Knowing Vinales Tour have the helmets, I know it's the only agency that offers this service!

Mentioned in this post
Knowing Vinales Tour
Knowing Vinales Tour
269 Reviews
Cuba
6. Re: Helmet for horse trekking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2016, 06:18