We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Pass

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Day Pass

We will be here for one day off a cruise ship in Feb. I was wondering if any nice resorts sell day passes. Would like a nice beach with places to eat. Also, not to far from the docks where the cruise ships are.

Thanks for any info.

Sharon

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Pass

I'm pretty sure Lasource sells day passes...I'm not sure of other places, however, no AI resorts(or any tourist hotels) are near the cruise ship port.

You will often hear Grenada referred to as the nicest, friendliest island. Many consider Grand Anse the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean and St George's as the prettiest West Indian town. There are monkeys and waterfalls in the rain forest and fantastic, accessible culture as well as wonderful food. These are the reasons most people go there and keep returning.

As a resort destination, however, it's not nearly as advanced as other islands. I think if you paid for a day-pass and spent your one day at an AI, you'd probably be disappointed and wonder what the big deal with Grenada is. Don't get me wrong-there are a few amazing hotels on the island, but they're spread out, generally somewhat isolated and more conducive to privacy and relaxation than partying, culture and excitement.

It's just my opinion, but the last place I'd recommend a cruise ship passenger spend the day in Grenada is at an AI...

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Pass

Is Grand Anse far from cruise ships? Do you know about how much cab would cost?

Thanks for all your help!

boston
Level Contributor
561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Pass

You can see Grande Anse from the ships. A lot of the cruisers head to the beach for their time on the island. There are places to eat (try Umbrellas) and its a beautiful beach to walk. Grab a taxi or the public bus and you'll be there in ten minutes.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Pass

Also on more ?. Do they rent chairs and umbrellas and is there a better part of the beach to go to?

Sorry for all the questions.

Sharon

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Pass

I'm not sure what a cab would cost...maybe $20 US r/t? A bus would be the way to go and should cost $1 US each way.

Depending on what you want to do and how much time you have, I'd suggest strolling through the market right near the cruise ship terminal, maybe heading up to the old fort(also near the terminal), then walking around the carenage(the harbour) before catching a bus at the south end of town and heading to Grand Anse.

Another suggestion-take a bus to Morne Rouge beach, then walk to Grand Anse and stroll up the beach. Morne Rouge is a short hike from Grand Anse and has a very different vibe.

If you truly have a full day, you can catch a bus or arrange an excursion to the rain forest at Grand Etang. This would probably take a minimum of 2-3 hour but it's a unique experience.

Hope this helps!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Pass

Last time I checked La Source for daypass (a few years ago), it was pricey - $100+ at least, per person. Really not worth it in my opinion. I would go with YankeeCarl's or jdgosox's suggestion instead and spend your beach time at either Grand Anse or Morne Rouge beach. At Morne Rouge, you can use the pool and loungers at Kalinago Resort if you patronize their bar or restaurant. From there you can easily walk to Grand Anse also.

On Grand Anse, Lazy Days rents beach loungers but that tends to be the "crowded" part of the beach as that is where the cruise passengers go to spend the day on Grand Anse. I don't recall if there is someone renting beach loungers and umbrellas over by Umbrella's.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Pass

Thank you all for all your info!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Pass

Market in St. Goerges, bus to Grand Anse, get off at the spice and craft market, chairs for rent right there and plenty of rum shacks, walk south down the beach for lunch at Umbrellas.

9. Re: Day Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint George Parish