We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

could really use some friendly advice...please

Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
could really use some friendly advice...please

i wil be taking my first trip to Holbox in Jan. 2011. My plane tickets are bought. All my friends are working or broke so i decided to go "solo". Any recommendations for a inexpensive,clean,safe place to stay on the island???? Don't need fancy or romantic on this adventure. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! All i need is a week in Holbox and i think i can make it through another minnesota winter.

colorado
Level Contributor
725 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

You'll love it!

How do you define inexpensive?

Isla Holbox...
Level Contributor
45 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

You should do just fine. The Locals are friendly & the streets VERY SAFE! There are Beachfront Hotels along the beach CASA IGUANA, MAWIMBI, TORTUGAS, XALOC, PALAPA, MAPACHES, Off the Beach theres Chuuk Kay, Denorahs, Holmar etc.

The current economic climate says theres not going to be too many 100% occupancy nights so book 1 Hotel for 1 Night then check the other offerings. Just be careful to NOT let a Golf Car Taxi Driver INFLUENCE you, they are PAID Big $$$ Commish to bring YOU to "THEIR" Favorite place.

Food is cheap, Mini Supers have lotsa Stuff We even have our FIRST 234/7 Market "CHEFO'S" in the center of town across from the park if you get a "Late Night" Hunger Pang! Beers are cheap, Sunsets Awesome, Bring a Sweater, Some nights can get "Chilly". ALL in all come to RELAX, Enjoy AWESOME Sunsets & Friendly Locals. I've been here 10 years from TEXAS & Still "LOVE IT" after ALL these years.

Roddrigo

The Whale Shark Daddy"

nuweiba, sinai
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

there are quite few really cheap places to stay. casa maya campground tents start from $ 10.-/night. variety of posadas little bit more. every place on island is safe, it's so small, they all know each other.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

Hej.

Jag har också läst dina råd, jag och min fru skall till Holbox i början av mars 2011.

Vet du om det finns medel mot mygg att köpa på Holbox.

Vet du om det är mycket folk där i mars?

Tacksam för svar.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

I forgot to check for responses..ouch!!!!!.thank you for yours.I have a wonderful memory but its short. I will be in Holbox jan. 18-21 ...maybe longer. I would like to return this summer with my daughter to swim with the whales after i check the island out. Thanks again !!!! Steadie

6. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 14:35
Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

Hey Whale Shark Daddy...i am going to be in Holbox 1/18-1/25...i will try to find you for whale snorkeling trip info. I told my daughter Sarah that we would try to do it...this coming summer.

8. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 14:35
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,445 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

Looks like WhaleSharkDaddy doesnt think the no advertising rules apply to him. I would prefer to patronize an establishment that follows the rules.

10. Re: could really use some friendly advice...please

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Holbox Island