We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Cancun

Which Holbox Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Cancun

What is the best and most economical way to get to the island from Cancun?

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Cancun

For us, best was not economical (we will be there next week). Our flight doesn't arrive till after the last bus leaves, and we wanted to go on and get there as opposed to staying a night in Cancun. Therefore, we arranged transportation through the hotel. If that was not the case, we would have opted for the bus.

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Cancun

Thank you very much. Do you know what time the last bus leaves the terminal? Would you be able to give a price range of what the hotel is charging?

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Cancun

Our transportation was $130 per person, round trip. That includes pick up at the airport, the ferry, and taxi to the hotel ... and reverse, back to the airport.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Cancun

I think the last bus leaves shortly after noon, maybe 1:00 or so.

Holbox
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Cancun

Following the bus timetable from Cancun to Chiquilà (where you take the ferry to the Island): 07:30 a.m. / 12:40 p.m. / 01:30 p.m.

As far as I know the hotel rates for the transfer from Cancun Airport to the door of the Hotel in Holbox is US$ 130 ONE Way for 2 people

Louisiana
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Cancun

Subject: Holbox Island

Title: Getting to Holbox From Cancun Airport

ID#: 97855172

On a recent trip to visit Isla Holbox we were faced with choices on How to get there from the Airport. I checked into Bus Service which only runs 2x @ day from Downtown Cancun, Taxi from the Cancun Airport (WAY TOO EXPENSIVE) and finally found a Great Private Secure service offered by Holbox Transport located directly on Holbox. It went Perfectly. They had a chofer waiting for us outside the Intl Arrivals Pavillion #3 with a sign with my name on it. Within 5 minutes we were leaving the airport taking shortcuts by passing All the traffic & nonsense of Cancun city.

Less than 2 hours later we arrived @ the little Port town of "Chiquila". There we were put on a nice Air Conditioned water taxi to Holbox ( 25 min). When we arrived on Holbox we were again met by another guy with sign with our name on it & were effortlessly transported to our Hotel on a Really Cool "GOLF CAR" Taxi.

Really FIRST CLASS service! Very Safe & Secure. The Driver was courteous & answered all our questions. The Owner of the Company Jesus, even stopped by our Hotel asking if he could be of additional service. We took his advice and did a Tour he called the "Classic Tour" he took us to a really refreshing Cenote on the Mainland, then a nice ride to Bird Island, where there are over 150 different species of birds. A nice 3 hour trip! $30 P/P

When it was time to leave this Paradise called Holbox there was a Golf Car taxi sent to Pick us up in plenty of time for the return trip to Cancuns airport where we arrived in plenty of time for our Intl Check-In. $250 Round Trip for both "Door To Door" I'd consider a Bargain for the Peace of Mind etc afforded by these great Islanders! Find these nice guys @ www.transport-holbox.com

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Cancun

Thank you very much for your indepth post. I really appreciate it.

8. Re: Transportation from Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 13:20