We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

I hope a local or someone knowlegeable can help.

There were two restaurants on Holbox which we enjoyed which I would like to write reviews for, but I do not have an address for either one. Even a street name and good location description might suffice.

The first is La Sirenita (aka Chacarito's). I think it was on Morelos, but do not know the cross street.

The second is Las Palmas. I do not have an exact address but described the location as Calle Abasolo just past the primary school if going in the direction towards the ferry. Trip advisor accepted this and e mailed me that that they were ready for my review. But then after I wrote it, they posted it to the Yucatan forum for some reason. I tried and tried to tell them to change it to Holbox forum but so far no success. I think maybe if I try all over with an exact address or a better location description.....

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
416 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

Hi pairofloafers,

I just found your review of Las Palmas and sent a request to TA to please move the restaurant to the Holbox Island page. Maybe if two people tell them they’ll be more inclined to do it.

When I requested that TA add Viva Zapata, I didn’t even have a street name; I just put in “½ block west of main square, Holbox Island, Mexico,” and it made it in there ok. I don’t think you need an exact address, just as long as it’s clear that the place is in Holbox. (Or maybe I got lucky with mine, I don’t know.)

I hope it gets resolved!

-Lori

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

Thanks, Lori.

Maybe they will listen to you.

I'll look for the Las Palmas review on Holbox

Isla Holbox...
Level Contributor
45 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

What most people dont know is that most Holbox Streets have names, BUT , there are No Signs! The locals DO NOT even CARE about a name! Its a SMALL SMALL World on Holbox. We who live there LOVE IT that way. Address Numbers as Vinnie would say "Forgetaboutit" !

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

You said it, whalesharkdad! I noticed that you couldn't find a street sign to save your life. They might as well not be named. That makes it hard to initially find things, but you find them eventually since it's a small place. And we quickly discovered the best way is to just ask a local, which we did.

However, TA probably wouldn't post without something somewhat specific I'm guessing.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

I received a helpful PM which gave me a pretty specific address of two blks. west of Av. Tiburon Ballena on Paseo Kuka, which would make it the corner of Tiburon Ballena and Kuka. So I think I will try reposting with that address, since TA has STILL not moved the reveiw from Yucatan to Holbox in spite of my several attempts and your kind efforts! TA always been so helpful, so I don't get this.

I would just forget the whole thing, but my husband, who speaks Spanish, sort of befriended Irma (Las Palmas proprietress), as well as half of Holbox. They are small local places who would like more tourist business, and asked if we would spread the word if we enjoyed our meals, which we did very much. Everone was so nice to us, so I'm trying to fulfill my word.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
416 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

I understand your feelings about Holbox and the people there; I felt the same way about my experience. :)

And I don't get why TA hasn't moved the location of Las Palmas either. I hope it gets fixed soon!

7. Re: Help! Need addresses for restaurants for review.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 21:16