We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holbox for 10 nights?

Which Holbox Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Holbox for 10 nights?

We are planning our second trip to Mexico in June. A few years back we had a lovely holiday in Tulum but the prices there seem to have gone through the roof. After a lot of looking we think that Holbox might offer the sort of experience we enjoyed in Tulum, but at a far better price. We are planning to visit for 10-12 nights but a little worried we might find it too quiet for that long.

We are by no means looking to party but after a long day of lying in the sun interspersed with some beach combing we like to at least have a drink or 2 before or after dinner – is Holbox going to be right for us.

And one other question while I remember, how’s the sea swimming the hotel we are looking at has no pool, is the sea deep enough to swim easily? Lot’s of reviews mention very shallow water?

Thanks for any thoughts in advance

Tony

London, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holbox for 10 nights?

I would say 10 days is rather long unless you want to simply do nothing but swim/sunbath during the day and have a quiet dinner in the evening. There's no real bar scene and no nightlife. I would say split your time between holbox and another location. The water is quite shallow.

2. Re: Holbox for 10 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 January 2012, 13:05
boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holbox for 10 nights?

Have you considered heading across the Yucatan to the Progresso beach area? You can rent a house on the beach for next to nothing or stay in a hotel.Merida, a beautiful city, is only about 40 miles away. Plenty of ruins to visit. I just returned from 2 weeks in the Merida area and it's a great place to vacation.

4. Re: Holbox for 10 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 10:16