We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please - October Honeymoon...

Page, AZ
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help Please - October Honeymoon...

We are planning 7 days on the island and planning to rent a beach house with a kitchen.

Please help with a few questions!

1. Is 7 days (1 day of travel on each end) too much? I think it is the perfect amount of time and my fiance thinks it is too much.

2. We want to cook our own food. I have read that you can buy the locals catch. If so will they clean it up for you? How much are we looking at spending?

3. I am assuming that we can buy our own spices in the local markets. Anyone have any idea about how much they cost?

4. Do we need to worry about the tap water?

5. How much does a 6 pack of beer cost to take home?

6. Are there boats that one can rent? We live on a lake and my fiance is a US Coast Guard licensed captain. We would like to venture out on our own if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

holbox
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please - October Honeymoon...

1. Is 7 days (1 day of travel on each end) too much? I think it is the perfect amount of time and my fiance thinks it is too much.

Totally depends on you. If you can be happy just relaxing and enjoying nature than its a perfect amount if time.

2. We want to cook our own food. I have read that you can buy the locals catch. If so will they clean it up for you? How much are we looking at spending?

On just fish? A few dollars a kilo. They'll clean it for you. Lobster, etc will be much more expensive

3. I am assuming that we can buy our own spices in the local markets. Anyone have any idea about how much they cost?

A few dollars a bag- salt less. Everything more expensive on an island

4. Do we need to worry about the tap water?

No to bathe in but to drink yes. Your house will have purified water.

5. How much does a 6 pack of beer cost to take home?

90 pesos max

6. Are there boats that one can rent? We live on a lake and my fiance is a US Coast Guard licensed captain. We would like to venture out on our own if possible.

Not likely. Most people have no insurance so boat lending even within families is not common.

2. Re: Help Please - October Honeymoon...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 05:16