We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

Which Holbox Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

I know this is a strange question but I will be in Holbox for quite a long time and I need to train while I am there. Even a basic gym with a few weights or something attached to a hotel will do the trick.

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

i'd be amazed if there were any ... holbox is a very small back water place and all the hotels are tiny with just a few rooms and often just a collection of beach bungalows in style.

you might just be limited to running up and down the beach, going for long swims or offering the local fishermen help in hauling their boats in and out at low tide :) maybe take up kite surfing, everyone who i've seen go out do that while i'm lazing away with a cocktail in my hand looks super fit.

gluck with your search though ...

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

Thank you

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

I am not familiar with any gyms per se but there is a local place just off the plaza that offers a pretty kick-a** zumba class and hotel Tortugas offers yoga. There is also paddle board and kite surfing, both of which will provide a muscle work out.Consider asking the hotel where you are staying what they know of.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

You can do a lot of resistance work with rubber bands. Hardly take up any room in your suitcase.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

I went paddleboarding on a lake about a month ago. It really works your shoulders. If so much as 5 MPH of wind kicks up, you will look like Mr Olympia after 15 minutes.

Kayaking also works your arms.

Tucuman, Argentina
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

Hi!! Did you find a good gym? Please let me know! I'm going for a long time also and I need gym!

Edited: 02 August 2015, 03:14
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

IsolinaMaria, this is an old post. The OP has not been back posting any questions or responding to any questions / comments since this thread. Not even a review since late last year (2014).

I gotta say I find a thread like this quite funny..... someone wants to travel to a wonderful gem like Isla Holbox, and then wants a (modern) good gym, maybe even a Starbucks. THAT is what (imo) ruins a place like Isla Holbox. It is a wonderful gem BECAUSE it is exactly what it is..... a small, out of the way little community like one might have found years ago....... then the tourists arrive (reportedly to get away from it all), and soon start asking for all of the modern conveniences of the 21st century...... Nothing more to ruin the charm and atmosphere of Isla Holbox than a Starbucks and a Gold's Gym imo.

¡Se diviertán!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

LonestarGumby

That is actually a ridiculous thing to say.. If you actually read my comment you will see that I stated even a 'basic gym'. How is looking for a gym going to ruin a beautiful town like Holbox? What does that have to do with Gold's gym and Starbucks? Do Mexicans not exercise?

In fact, I Was in Mexico for three months and found gyms in almost every town I went to and some of them ranged from basic to quite modern. I am a competitor so it is important for me to continue training even when travelling.

Please try not to make judgements about people's posts when you know nothing..

IsolinaMaria there is no gym there..

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

I understand where you are coming from LonestarGumpy on Holbox peopelelead active lives outdoors where excercise is a part of daily life, not an activity confined to indoor rooms with imprted equipment. If the OP needs to work out with weights or whatever maybe he could ask if the military facility had those? otherwise you can bike, and run, & swim and stay in pretty good shape.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
264 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anybody know of any gyms in Isla Holbox?

Is the Zumba group still active?

Thanks!