We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do we get there from here

San Antonio, Tx
1 post
Save Topic
how do we get there from here

What is the best way to get to Isamal from say Playa del Carmen. The bus line doesn't appear to list it as a destination.

RC from San Antonio, TX

Bad Reichenhall
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do we get there from here

Hi, you can go from Playa del Carmen (Q.R.) by Bus to Merida (YUC) and than you take a "Colectivo" (small regional Buses) to Izamal they are cheap and in 1 hour in Izamal from Merida.

The second Way is you go from Play del Carmen to Valladolid by Bus and than by Taxi to Izamal it will take 1 hour 15 mins. but it is more expensive to go by Taxi.

If there are any other Questions (Hotel,Transfer,Tours,Activities,....) don´t hesitate to ask me.

Best regards Andreas

reinhardeder@hotmail.com

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,441 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do we get there from here

If you take a bus to Valladolid, no need to take a taxi to Izamal. From Vallaldolid, Centro operates second class buses that make an Izamal stop enroute to Merida. To me, this is the best route, no back tracking from Merida. (in general the Centro buses are comfortable with a/c)

Only one thing you should know--the Centro buses do not operate from the ADO terminal. They operate from the old first class terminal at 37 and 54. Its a long walk -- or a short taxi ride.

Bad Reichenhall
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do we get there from here

If there is enough Time for a whole Day Trip, it might be easier.

It will take probably 3 Hours to go this Way to Izamal from Valladolid.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,441 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do we get there from here

Valladolid to Izamal will take 2 to 2 1/2 hours by second class bus.

Shafter, California
Level Contributor
455 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do we get there from here

If you have a car and leaving from Puerto Morelos is the best way going on Ruto de Cenotes? I understand the road has been up graded all the way to hwy 180.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how do we get there from here

I advise taking Destination Expert's suggestion, Valladolid-Izamal. I didn't know Centro plied that route, but they are a decent company, and I have been on Centro buses with a/c. If you come in by ADO, check to see the posted times for any Oriente buses to Izamal. Oriente, owned by ADO, is more likely to have functioning a/c. Note: there are no toilets on any 2nd class bus.

As for collectivos being "small regional buses,'' huh? Collectivos are vans, faster but less comfortable and far less safe than the buses. Do not count on the Merida-Izamal vans having a/c! Also, the buses have posted schedules, and are pretty good about conforming to them. The collectivo folks will tell you what you want to hear, and let you sit there until they have enough to make the trip a go. In the Yucatan, collectivos are commonly referred to as "taxis" albeit a collective taxi.

I am resident in Merida.

7. Re: how do we get there from here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Izamal
Recent Conversations