We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat rental.

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat rental.

I am staying at the Outer Banks the first week in August. I would like to know the best place to rent a boat. Thanks

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat rental.

A better location might help as there are over 70 miles of beach. However there are places in Nags head Rodanthey Hatteras and Ocracoke .

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat rental.

Im am staying at Corolla. Thanks.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat rental.

Not really sure of what is up that way but as you cross the Wright memorial bride there is a place the promenade I think it is called also there are several in Nags Head area just 20 miles south,.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
206 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat rental.

What type of boat are we talking about?

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat rental.

What exactly are you looking for? try this site it should help

insiders.com/outerbanks/main-watersports5.htm

Pittsburgh, PA
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat rental.

I would also like to know WHERE to rent a fishing boat! I would like to take my kids out on the sound to fish and crab, but am having trouble finding a place that rents simple fishing boats- not huge ocean charters.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat rental.

oceangypsie

Again knowing where you are staying would help but I'm guessing the Nags Head area and fishing unlimited can hook you up with everything you need they are on the causeway to Manteo

www.fishingunlimited.net/RentalBoats.html

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat rental.

I am staying in Southern Shores and would like to go fishing and crabing with several couples with young kids.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat rental.

Fishing unlimited is your best bet still they have pontoon boats and all the equipment to rent keep in mind all adults need a license

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
424 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat rental.

Fishing unlimited was the first place I thought of too. You can get grounded in the sound very easily, and there can be quite a chop in open water there. Our flat bass boat needs a really good day, but the pontoons will work. Crabbing is good in Collington under the bridge. There is a pull over to crab from the shore. We used to rent a boat there when I was a kid and pole around.