We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Week

Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Bike Week

Does anyone have any insight in to how crowded this area is during Bike Week?

Cleveland
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Week

The Outer Banks has a bike week?

In my years of visiting the OBX i have never heard of this.

I know Bike Week is huge in Myrtle Beach. By chance is that what you're thinking of?

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Week

Thank you for your posting.

I found Bike Week on the Outer Banks Calendar of Events at www.outerbanks.org and there are photos from last year's Bike Week at www.harleybay.com

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,506 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike Week

Here's the schedule of events. Didn't realize this will be the 6th year. www.harleybay.com/custompage.asp?pg=bikeweek

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike Week

I was there when they had their 5th or 6th annual meeting. They get a good turnout, so restaurants and hotels will be crowded in the KH-NH area. Heard a lot of bikes going up and down the beach road, but it was all over by early afternoon on Sunday. It's called Bike Week, but it runs Thursday-Sunday.

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike Week

We ended up being in OBX during bike week 2 year ago, and like a previous poster said it lasted a weekend. The restaurants and attractions were busy, but nothing like it gets during the summer time.

Most of the "bikers" we talked to were hobbyist who wanted to show off their bikes. Several we met were doctors, lawyers, etc.

6. Re: Bike Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks
Recent Conversations