We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about last minute deals

Southern New Jersey
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question about last minute deals

Things are tight in our budget this year but I still might be able to pull off some sales mid-summer that would generate some expendible cash. My question is does anyone have any experience with last minute bookings on the OBX and have you them discounted and to what extent (%). Thanks in advance for any replies!

Southern New Jersey
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about last minute deals

Sorry, last sentence should read: "My question is does anyone have any experience with last minute bookings on the OBX and were they discounted and to what extent (%). Thanks in advance for any replies!"

Boston
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about last minute deals

we booked with Joe lamb last yr about 2 weeks before and got about 20% off

www.joelambjr.com

go to his web site and checkout "specials". Some are 200-300 off now

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about last minute deals

Our August 2007 rental burnt down in June (don't forget to buy rental insurance!!!) We found a home in Rodanthe for about 10% less than advertised. Have the rental agency ask the home owner for a discount. Finances are tight for everyone these days. Just ask, all they can say is no.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Rodanthe
Rodanthe
Outer Banks, NC
Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
744 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about last minute deals

Totally opposite from the way airlines work, isn't it? The longer you wait, the cheaper it will get. You can search the rental sites for last minutes deals on available properties.

It would be my guess, however, that the less expensive houses get booked up first are and less likely to be available.

5. Re: Question about last minute deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 07:19