We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican restaurant in Corolla? & Steamer pots?

Ft. Worth, TX
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Mexican restaurant in Corolla? & Steamer pots?

Hello all! We leave in less than a month for our family reunion in Corolla. We have rented 2 homes through Twiddy; there will be 25 of us, all first-timers to OBX! I have two specific questions:

1. My family is in charge of 1 meal... we are doing a mexican fiesta. Everything is totally under control except for side dishes- I'd like to find a Mexican restaurant that could prepare rice & beans for 20 adults (to-go). The only one I've come up with is Bad Bean. Is this any good? Any other recs?

2. I keep reading about these "steamer pots". What are they and how do they work? (again, for 20 adults...) Are they expensive? We'll have about 8 burners between the 2 stoves. Where is your fav place to get them?

Thanks!

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican restaurant in Corolla? & Steamer pots?

Check out obxconnection.com and ask away or outerbanks.org. You should be able to get a faster response from there. We are leaving for Corolla on the 4th of July.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican restaurant in Corolla? & Steamer pots?

The steamer pots are pretty expensive, especially for 20 people. You would do better to just buy the seafood you want such as crabs or shrimp and cook it up at home.

I would suggest also trying the Harris Teeter supermarket's catering section; they may be able to help on the mexican sides.

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
412 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican restaurant in Corolla? & Steamer pots?

Bad Bean is located in the Timbuk II shopping center. Their number is 252-453-4380. Donkey Hotay's Mexican is located in the Corolla Light Shops. Their number is 252-453-8877. Both are new within the last year and I haven't eaten at either, so I can't give you a thumbs up or down on the food.

Steamers is also located in Timbuk II. They carry the seafood pots you are talking about and their number is 252-453-3305. They have been around forever.

4. Re: Mexican restaurant in Corolla? & Steamer pots?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks
Recent Conversations